Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line Prophet 100's......

Poster: A snowHead
Morning All,

Have been offered a pair of Line Prophet 100's for a song. Should I or shouldn't I?

(They are to become second pair in quiver, for those special days where friends are a distant priority wink )

Off to see them tonight regardless, just thought I'd throw it to a wider audience (and a search didn't pull up much)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guvnor, it depends what the song is. If it's The Floral Dance by Terry Wogan then I would personally give it a miss.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Guvnor, it depends what the song is. If it's The Floral Dance by Terry Wogan then I would personally give it a miss.

Mull of Kintyre is worth missing as well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Boredsurfing, Frog chorus by Macca.....

(without wishing to embarass people by talking cash, it wouldn't be enough for a decent night down the local and a curry)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guvnor, The Prophets may be a little much for the nursery slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, But will I look gnarly with them propped up next to me at the bar?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
True, I would go as high as Bohemian Rhapsody.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guvnor wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, But will I look gnarly with them propped up next to me at the bar?

Only if they're 186. Otherwise I'd hang on to Tiptoe Through the Tulips.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tell him ill have them for £150.

Seriously. You can take £50 comission.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sps89, Can get 3 pairs for that price wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll have em for £50 - well worth it if this is now a group buy wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They certainly do the business in powder and not too shabby as a do-it-all ski. If you've got a more piste oriented pair of skis for mundane days, then I'd go for it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Guvnor, PM me PLEASE.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have heard Line quality not so great... but if they are cheap enough then sound good..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT, I don't believe quality has been a problem in the last few years. Mine (07/08 model) seem fine anyway. Topsheet seems tough enough and no sign of any delams etc.
latest report
uktrailmonster, not like Missions then... met someone who is on his third pair in about 6 weeks of skiing after top sheet issues...Laughing Laughing

said he should just rivet it but the skis are so new, that is a bit much, he thought.

I think this person was making the point ( about Line ) that they aren't as bombproof as some so probably a bit relative. I'll withdraw the comment.

Incidently...pretty inmpressed with my Movements bouncing off rocks with hardely a scratch. Now, you could argue what am I doing hitting rocks with the current snowpack, but that another thing..Laughing
ski holidays
JT, I wouldn't say Line build quality is in the same league as Movement (which I think are bombproof), but it's good enough not to be considered a problem. I think for Western Canada Prophet 100s are great do-everything skis. I was really happy with them in the powder and charging around soft fresh pistes. Brilliant for playing in the trees too. It's only when it hasn't snowed for a couple of days you start to notice their limitations. But this is my weapon of choice now for fresh snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy