Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club (GB) and 50% discounts on car hire?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[This thread now in Ski Club of GB section]

Saw this advertised this morning whilst watching the Wengen downhill (95 mph on skis on ice... yikes!). Does anyone know more about how "likely" this 50% discount is and whether I'd be likely to get it renting 3 vehicles for my group in Turin if I joined? I kind of get the feeling it will be "up to 50%" and available for ski holidays in June or something. The rest of the year it'll be 5% or something!

If I can genuinely get 50% discount on hiring cars, then I'll join for that alone...

Any members or people in the know out there care to clarify the "small print" on this offer for me please?!

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only time I tried the Ski Club discount on car hire the net quote came out a bit higher than other discount sources. I generally use Autos Abroad, and used them to rent a car over Christmas in London. I had to go to Luton Airport to get it (by Easy Bus!) but it was a good deal.

Percentage discounts are meaningless on car rental - the net quote is all that matters. BTW, always watch for the collision damage waiver. £500 excess is not uncommon these days, and if you're in the mountains, that's a potentially risky cost. I usually pay the premium to reduce the CDW (for the Christmas week I paid another £50 to reduce the CDW to £75).

Remember that if the car's scratched you pick up the tab. Check the car over meticulously before driving away at the outset and report any marks not noted on the paperwork.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks David. That's kind of what I expected to be the case! I'll bear your advice in mind...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith wrote:
The only time I tried the Ski Club discount on car hire the net quote came out a bit higher than other discount sources.

Same here.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I daresay the SCGB discount sometimes gives a lower price than other sources, so is always worth checking. But in my experience the discounts in ski shops etc. are more likely to be more exclusive to the Club.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
carled, I've used the Snowextras link, and it was cheapest for Geneva last Christmas. For Italy(Turin) I think I used www.travelsupermarket.com last time, which checks out all the websites for the best discounts. This site also gave me the cheapest hire from Nice airport.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy