Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

beware

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well my skis arrived back today!!!

They did not arrive/picked up by someone else at Geneva Airport on the 10th

someone has had them for two weeks and skied on them ...I take more care of hire skis! there are gouges on the soles and the edges are notched ..so full service and obviously they took a liking to my carbon poles and the slip that went in between,,,There are some real ba****ds about ...I hope they broke a leg.

I reckon the whole incident has cost me £200 It shows that not everyone who skis are the good guys!!

so be careful and make your ski bags personal to you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaveD, Shocked Shocked cheeky b*****rs. Did they make it to the carousel at Geneva? I am surprised though that someone who pinched your skis actually bothered to return them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think they left there own in geneva ...they don't have a carousel there just an"oversize luggage dept " ...one guy coping with 7 flights on a Saturday morning
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaveD, That is a disgrace. I would go mental if the same happened to me. Is all the damage repairable??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At least you got them back, I suppose.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the damage is repairable.... but I felt like I had been a burglary victim and my house had been trashed! .. I know its not the same but that's how I felt..I shall try and find out what happened and who handed them in and how they were recovered ....it will be interesting..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DaveD, were the bindings altered - which would disprove any claim that this was purely a mistake?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having managed to avoid Geneva Aiport for a few years I was disappointed last Friday morning to see that it had not changed at all other than a few new cafes. Too much French influence I would say when you consider that Zurich is a model of teutonic efficiency.

Bad luck, an unpleasant experience I am sure.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

DaveD, were the bindings altered - which would disprove any claim that this was purely a mistake?

When you consider that most manufacturers shells of just one size of boot are different the chances of someone fitting that binding must be pretty slim.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="laundryman"]DaveD, were the bindings altered - which would disprove any claim that this was purely a mistake?[/quote

The skis had had one weeks skiing from new (in new snow week before xmas) and had been waxed ...they came back with grooves and gouges in the sole and lots of burrs in the edges ..the bindings were battered from being poked with a pole and no one else has a pair of 190 rossi world cup 9xtis so i don't think there was any mistake!....besides which the zip on the bag was zip locked and my name was on the label ...what more do you want ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DaveD wrote:
Well my skis arrived back today!!!

which reminds me Dave Dee died the other day... he is famous for playing whip on world wide no.1 hit the legend of xanadu.

http://youtube.com/v/Ie0z5kToO94
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy