Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair ski carriage RESULT! Official information received.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having failed to find complete information on Ryanair's website about what, specifically, the Ski carriage payment covers, I contacted them. Eventually they responded, but passed the buck, saying ask Servisair. So after a bit of digging I found the Servisair station manager for Birmingham. I got a response from him the same day, forwarding it to Ops, telling them to reply. They had not done so by a week later, so I prodded him again and he again responded instantly, sending a note to ops again telling them to reply today! AND THEY DID! Here is the content & I replied thanking them and suggesting something this clear ought to be on the website:

Quote:
Apologies for the late reply.

when you pay for ski carriage your entitlement is as follows:

1x ski
1x boot bag
1x poles bag
all totalling to 32kgs max

I believe the best for you would be to have 1 case at no more then 15kgs, your skis with your poles and helmet in the same bag, and your boot bag making sure that in total all your ski equipment stays within the 32kg allowance.
All you need to ensure is you have no more then 3 pieces of ski equipment totalling 32kgs and only 1 suitcase at maximum 15kgs.

Sorry if this is a little confusing, if you need any more questions answering don't hesitate to contact me.

Clare Shepherd (Supervisor)
0121 767 8603

Group Registered Office Address of Servisair PLC, Servisair UK Limited and UK subsidiary companies:

Servisair House
Hampton Court
Manor Park
Runcorn
Cheshire
WA7 1TT
UK

Tel: + 44 (0) 1928 570 120
Fax: + 44 (0) 1928 570 220
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Butterfly, well done for your persistence in trying to get to the bottom of this.

I think there's still room for debate though! wink

So, do you understand this to mean that you have to pay the fee for the 15kg case? Or could you get away with discreetly packing the ski and boot bags with some items clothing and using your 10kg carry-on allowance for the rest, as some have done?

Now costs £57 to take ski equipment, with unavoidable £9.50 desk check-in, then £19 for the case. Your £10 flight is now £95.50 and woe betide you if you don't possess an Electron card!

Edit: Arithmetic! Embarassed

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 26-01-09 22:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think that is pretty clear and is consistent with the info i got from the Dublin Reservation Centre by phone.

I dont think there is any requirement to book a seperate 15 kg suitcase with your ski carriage, 2 reasons:
1. When you book online, it is possible to book ski carriage without booking a piece of baggage.
2. The first half of Clare Shepherd's reply outlines the entitlements; the second half which (slightly) confuses issues outlines "what is best for you" - it seems clear that the entitlement is to carry skis, boots and poles (even in 3 seperate bags) and that this is included when you book 1 ski carriage.

Clarity from Ryanair........its a long awaited victory for the small man!! Well done Butterfly!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good stuff, although one thing to be careful of is, it isnt on the Ryaniar website or T+C. so what might happen in airport that doesnt use Servisair, ie on the way home from Bergamo, Girona, the staff there may not be aware of the above TC. However if the above is the case for all airports, means we can carry quiet a bit.

I'm flying Ryanair from Dublin and back from Bergamo, will put a post up saying did they open my ski bag etc to check for non ski related equipment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My original email to them had said that I have already paid for 15kg suitcase/airport checkin and also the ski carriage fee & what I wanted to know was what the ski carriage included. I mentioned carrying clothing as "padding" in the ski bag and she has not said I can't - you'd be pushed to get to 32kg with just skis/boots/poles anyway.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done Butterfly, it may be interesting to see how Servisair quantify their charges for ski carriage. As surely every airport has different charges for this part of their operation and Servisair aren't the only service agents throughout Europe.
Or are Ryanair pocketing a load of money off us poor skiers, surely someone must have contact with this inside knowledge.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy