Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the best ski bag/luggage for ladies skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just got my new skis - v. excited, first owned pair! I need to find a suitable carrier/luggage bag for them - they are 149 long (I'm not that tall!!) so I don't want to get a bag that they rattle round in. What are my options?

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any bag that you can carry by yourself! Toofy Grin

These are excellent: Sportube.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably best looking at a snowboard bag for skis that short. Dakine do some nice ones that are really good value at the moment. I saw THIS ONE when looking around the other day.

It would be ideal for a girlie skier, especially one from Scotland!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm thinking of the low roller too as it takes ski boots and a lot of kit. Might even get away with just that and hand luggage!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies - are there any more budget options out there? I want something that will simply take skis and poles - boots are going in with my other luggage.

As for any bag that I can carry myself - but of course - although I know lovely husband will always be willing to help out! He is looking for ski bag too, but we want two singles rather than a double pack.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
purplegirl, ah, well, the best costs money.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
purplegirl, Get the double the extra space is always handy. Snow and Rock have a nice lady like Salomon one Brown and Green fancy patterns.

Dakine bags are great for everything especially if you have short skis
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THIS BAG must be the bargain of the year and will fit your skis.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to be the daft lassie here but isn't a board bag going to be the wrong shape and havet the wrong sort of inner padding/strapping for skis?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
purplegirl, the inner strapping is just fluff. Padding is good, but wear and abrasion resistant corners and bombproof zippers R teh shizzle.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
purplegirl, It will be the wrong shape in that its not ski only shape but there aren't any companies making bags to fit 149 skis, let alone making budget ones. My board bag is designed to take skis and boards, plus boots and other stuff, so I can't see why you need to use one of these just for boards.

Just an idea, feel free to ignore it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have just been and bought one of these below. Its ace fit most of my stuff in and no more sore shoulder.

http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/product-detail.asp?prodsku=587
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Interesting thread. If I understand the position correctly, it's possible to get a board bag which is shorter than the shortest available ski bag. I'd be all for that, as my skis are only 149s too, and it's a right PITA packing my ski bag so as to avoid the brewer's droop effect, and it would be less likely to drag on the ground when shouldered. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is a real bargain £16 !! http://www.fatface.com/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-productgrid&bsref=fatface&step=shopcartmulti&invt=11845&ordercol=alphanu&layout=productdetail

Hope the link works, if not it's Fat Face, technical gear, accessories.

Also I saw a Quiksilver one in the Stockport branch of TKMaxx yesterday, it was padded too and was either £10 or £15! Maybe they have them in other branches too, in the men's dept with the rucksacks.

HTH purplegirl and anyone else looking for a bargain bag snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
purplegirl, You may find this is what you want
http://www.snokart.com/products/show/ski-zoom

If you check it carefully you'll find it is variable length - not exactly sure how it works or what the shortest it goes down to is - but there is a zip system that takes care of the extra length. Email them - Christian will be delighted to answer your questions and it is currently £30 with no delivery charge.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy