Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis bought and need your thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

just purchased Salomon X WINGS 8's 2009 Model, 174 in length, girl in the shop marked the wrong ski down so got them for a reduced 2008 price!

I'm 6ft, 16stone immediate skier, mainly hard reds and sometimes wide blacks. Like to practice turns not always straight lining it (not unless someone over takes me) lol

Have I bought the right ski for me?

The manager of the shop wasnt in yesterday, and I know he could have given me really good advise but then I would not have got them so cheap.

Thanks

ell1982
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Have I bought the right ski for me?

You should have thought about that before you rushed to take advantage of a mistake.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep... you bought the right skis Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Too short imo.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm 5"11 and I ski 160's sally 3v scleaver 8 and i'm 14 stone and a bit. No probs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look right to me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sps89, i'm 6'4" (not as heavy as ell1982 though) and i ski a 177 mid fat ski and for me, it rocks. much prefer it to the longer version and having used them in a fair quantity of packed powder and varying other conditions i've yet to think of a time when the extra 7cms that the ski is available in would have benefited me... if i'm going to be skiing massive amounts of deep powder then i'll hire a suitable ski, but everywhere else, i prefer the slightly shorter ski, and many people do. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy