Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic c:9 Puls for a man?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a new skier, progressing very rapidly, and have been offered a pair of Atomic C:9 Puls skis with poles for a reasonable price. But are these a suitable ski for a 170 lb man? I'm deliberately looking at 160 length skis, knowing that I'll probably grow out of them in a year. (I'm 6'0" and this seems to be a length being recommended to me by ski shops. My instructors want me to go even shorter, but I don't feel that I want to if I'm going to buy.)

Are these really a woman's ski? Do I care? The reviews on the skis indicate that they'd get me to the next level quite nicely, if they are an appropriate ski for me.

Thanks......

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 26-01-09 13:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My husband and I started skiing on C9s. He's about the same weight as you but 2" shorter. They are an easy ski to turn and learn on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
malcolmtent, they're fine, they're fun, but that length -in that ski- is a little short for you.

Meaning it won't give you as much ice grip as a lighter person would get from that ski in that length.

If you can live with that and the colour - go for it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am 6' too and a 165 is as short as I would go and that would be for a slalom ski; nearer 174 for general skiing. But if the price is right take them and move on in a year or two.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
malcolmtent, They are a man's ski, although I imagine a woman could use the shorter lengths.

I wouldn't dream of skiing it as short as 160 - I have that ski in a 180, and while that is probably a little long for me, I wouldn't go below the 174 which was the next size down. But I am 40lbs heavier than you, and a couple of inches shorter.

Remember that ski is a few years old now, and not as strongly shaped as most of the more recent skis, so should be skied a little longer (although still not as long as the old "straight" skis Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy