Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - activities for toddler (and Mum)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Gets again over HT with a family group of 12 (not all mine!). What we didn't know when we booked was that my wife would be expecting again. She's decided that she probably won't ski much if at all, and is wondering about what she and Alex (our youngest, 21 months) will be able to do whilst we're all out skiing. She's hoping to find some sort of organised kids club / creche where she can either drop him off for a while, or - more likely - stay and play. She's thinking snowman building, a little bit of outdoor activity and perhaps some arts and crafts, even some singing...

I know that some chalet firms (Scott Dunn etc.) provide just this sort of thing, but what if you've booked independently? Are there outfits/places that provide entertainment for little kids in this way? I'm not even sure what to google for, so was wondering whether one of you LG experts/regulars/locals could point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance!

[Edit] I've found this place, Les Fripouilles http://www.lesgets.com/en/garderie/index.html#c763, but that looks more like somewhere you drop your toddler off whilst you ski. We're really looking for activities rather than childcare
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IanTr, I walked past a little shop down past the cinema a few weeks ago, unhelpfully I cannot remember the name (I will keep trying Very Happy ). It wasn't a creche but I remember thinking how lovely it was - basically a craft type place where you could go with young children and do different activities. It looked like a very happy, well run place.

I'm off now to rack my brain......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's also the goat farm (La Sarre). That should be on

www.lesgets.com

Not sure what there is in Morzine, but it's a cheap and easy bus ride away so worth looking there too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanTr, try contacting Baby-Cham, www.baby-cham.com . I don't know if they do anything in Les Gets but they operate in Morzine. I saw a poster for them advertising toddler art and craft classes in Chamonix when I was there the other week, looked quite good. Maybe they do the same in Morzine??
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ice Rink ?- but may be a bit too much. At the bottom of the piste near to the ESF and the crepe stall, lots of kids and parents muck about with sledges and bum boards. Take the bubble up and have lunch. Got to be a kindergarden where they could take the toddler for a couple of hours. It'd give mum a break too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy