Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggage restrictions - boot bags?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

has some kind of new luggage restriction come into force with airlines? In the past we have always put our boot bags in the hold along with skis and other luggage.

Our operator for this year, who uses Flybe, are telling us that boots are to be taken on as hand luggage or put in main suitcase.

Just heard from friends who just flew with Thomsons and they were told the same thing. They were to take them as hand luggage but ended up squeezing them into their suitcases.

I don't think my size 11 boots would actually fit in the overhead locker Confused Maybe I'll just wear them on the plane....

anyone come across this situation? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went with First Choice (who fly with Thomson) over Christmas and phoned them to check - was told they could go in the hold as an extra piece as long as the combined weight of them and my case was within the limit. No questions at either end (Stansted / Salzburg).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went with SKi McNeill over new year who used Flybe. We put them in the hold as a seperate piece of luggage. Someone else had them as hand luggage. That was manchester / Salzburg
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Westski1, it depends on the airline. And the airport you fly from. Safest option is to put them in your case; if you want to check them separately or carry them on as hand luggage, call both the airline and the airport and take the worst of the two answers you get. Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last weekend I saw notices at Chambery. No ski boots to be carried as hand luggage.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 26-01-09 18:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, I'm flying to Chambery next weekend with Jet2, who specifically sent us a special email to say that the restrictions at Chambery are very tight and that ski boots would under no circumstances be allowed in the cabin, but should be checked into the hold. They didn't say they had to be in your main case though, so I assume it would be ok to check in a boot bag. My boots are in France already so luckily don't really need to worry.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My guess is Flybe charge per checked bag so if you (or the TO) have only paid for one checked bag they won't want a seperate boot bag.

Entertaining that they're telling you to take them as carry-on when so many other people are being told they can't take them as carry-on. Definitely depends on airline and/or airports.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
new ski addict, We got that too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Westski1, I was just checking out our Thomson flight to add our ski equipment as we have acquired some since booking. We used to be able to add 'extras' after making the initial booking, now the link to do this has been removed and we have to make a phone call, (for which we are charged per minute) so even though they say it’s cheaper to add your extras online, you can now only do this at the time of making the initial booking.

It seems as long as the total weight does not exceed the 25 kg, 10 kg can be taken on the plane, as long as that does exceed the hand luggage size – it reads like double-dutch, but if you are flying with Thomson check out this page: http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/flights/luggage.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy