Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was planning on going away with my family and a mates family about 21st April, they have given backword and now don't want to go, Me and the OH are still taking the eldest daughter as we have promised her, the mother in law is staying at home to look after youngest.

What i am looking for is a short transfer,good child lessons and that will have snow at end of april.

Not bothered if its not the biggest resort as the daughter wiill hoprfully be in ski school in the mornings and then with us in the afternoon,

Looking to fly out on the 21st ski 22,23,24, fly back late 24 or 25 morning.

was looking at Soldeu but not sure if want the longish transfer for only a few days and then was looking at Sierra Nevada but flights daft mony at mo.

Cheers

jason
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JasonW, that's pretty late - right at the end of the season for many of the middle level resorts (lower ones already closed). You might look at Val Thorens, which has very high skiing and where you can get an apartment very convenient for the slopes. In some other resorts with high skiing (eg Les Deux Alpes) it'd be more of a hike to get to the snow. I don't know about child lessons there - but someone will.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Just got back from soldeu and was speaking the intructors there and this season its open till 3 may following the late snow over the passed few years, its just the drive that puts me off
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That late in the season it might be sensible to look for somewhere with a glacier available. In Austria that could be, for example, Zell am See/Kaprun (Kitzsteinhorn) or Zillertal (Hintertux). Other high places might still be open, e.g. Obergurgl till 3rd May. Transfers to all of these would be about 1-2 hours. I'm not sure that any would be all that cheap, though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JasonW, Shame you cannot go for the week as the EoSB in VT may have been an option. EoSB is a TOP trip! Very Happy
Even going independantly VT could still be a consideration.
Providing you look now there will be hotels and apartments available that week even for partial week stays. I have stayed at the Hotel Bel Horizon and the Hotel Le Val Thorens on short stays. Both are good, if not cheap. I'm sure you'd also be welcome to meet up with ,ski and party with the other snowHead who are staying at the Oxalys at the EoSB.
Flight options include Geneva, Lyon or Chambery.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMF_Skier, might make our way to VT for the trip, good idea will look into it Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy