Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The man who skied around the world is now skiing every US state with "lift-assisted skiing"

Poster: A snowHead
Not a snappy title for a thread, I have to confess.

But here's my old friend Arnie Wilson, on his quest to follow in the footsteps of President Obama and ski all 40 skiing states of the Union, but without making any speeches (and I'm not implying that Barack has ever skied). This is just an instalment. I don't know which US states have ski lifts - apart from the obvious ones - and it's not entirely clear how many states Arnie has ticked off to date:

"Skiing Tornado Alley" [from the Financial Times]

Are you jealous? This is surely the American dream.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Hero!! Now that is something i would love to do. Im only 21 but i just signed a 5 year contract that kinda ties me down to a max of 2 weeks skiing a year.

You can ski 40 out of the 50 states!!! Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scrubyjoe, if you think about where you can't ski it is a less shocking fact wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldfish wrote:
......Are you jealous? ...........

Nope - but I hope he has a good time - somehow I think he will.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arv, This 40 out of 50 states thing has tickled my interest so i did some tedious and in depth research into the issue (cough,wikipedia....cough). It so appears to be accurate that you can ski 40 states (although i got 38 on first count)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ski_areas_and_resorts_in_the_United_States
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alabama and Georgia were two I would not have expected.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bought his last 2 books which are excellent, they were half price on Amazon last Christmas, looking forward to his book of this trip Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Word on the street is that Arnie Wilson has just broken his shoulder and is out for the rest of the season Sad Wishing him a good recovery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv, in "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, he gets caught in a severe snowstorm at the southern end of the Appalachians in Georgia.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldfish wrote:
(and I'm not implying that Barack has ever skied).

Maybe he has, these folk should know Very Happy

http://www.nbs.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=66
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, yup Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Better tell Arnie that wikipedia list is incomplete Hawaii isn't shown. Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry to hear that Arnie's been injured - best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

At last count he'd already done 37 of the 40; with only Arizona, New Jersey and Rhode Island to go!

Great Ski Hawaii link Colin - for a moment I thought it was going to be water-skiing! That's def on my list too now snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ain't no lifts in Hawaii. I am only skiing states with lifts! Thanks for get well messages. I'll be back!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jacksonhole wrote:
Ain't no lifts in Hawaii. .......

Pity. I could just see you in the gear. Cool

Hope your recovery goes well.
snow report
jacksonhole wrote:
Ain't no lifts in Hawaii. I am only skiing states with lifts!

[That doesn't mean 'Hawaiian elevators', incidentally]

jacksonhole [for it is he], may you shoulder these ever-challenging missions afresh.

Bon chance, mon ami!
snow conditions
jacksonhole, that there mountain on the Big Island of Hawaii is the biggest on the planet, dwarfing Everest (if you count the bit under the sea - and why not?), so, whatever your uplift, I don't think your quest is complete until you've added it to the list. Also, let's not forget, there's the Hawaii'n Obama factor to consider. Sorry, no lift, no excuse.
latest report
Nice try Bode but I'm sticking to my guns. I'll be happy to tick off just the 50 with lifts Happy
ski holidays
Swiller deserves a ticking off, too. Let's get a rope tow up there and give him a thrill.
ski holidays
Maybe we should get him to ski the under-water bit! wink
snow conditions
jacksonhole, you're 'avin' a lava. Anyway, that would be a whole lot more exciting than some of the lift-served mole hills you'll find in some of those 40 states. How's the injury?
snow conditions
I always thought there was a proper ski resort in hawaii........ think its called Wai-ski-ski snowHead
snow report
Shoulder improved greatly thanks, but no skiing for a few weeks. If anyone can find me a lift on Hawaii I will use it!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy