Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do lower western europe resorts have a good snow base?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How are the lower (1500m) French and western Swiss resorts holding up this season? We're off to a Swiss ski station near Giswil in 3 weeks, that has a base of 1500m.
I've seen recent reports of rain below 1800m from many posters. We also appear to have quite a gap from mid Dec with little snow. Recent posting from Les Menuires showed wet slush. With colder weather on the way over the next week, maybe there's an improvement on the way?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Moerlialp's website this morning says an average of 50cm snow depth.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Around here the snow base below 1500m is better than I've seen it many times at this time of year. There was some slushy sort of snow and then rain at 1500m yesterday, but with snow going much lower today (and subsequently, by the look of it) there shouldn't be any problem. And I think the freezing level yesterday was lower further east. I would have thought conditions in resort X would be excellent at the moment. But, of course, 3 weeks is a long time in the Alps.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sainte Foy is at 1550m and has a superb base all the way to the resort. We've had about 50cm of snow at resort level in the last few days. Rained for maybe 30mins yesterday, but snowing all the way down to Bourg Saint Maurice for most of the last 24 hours!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Moerlialp's website this morning says an average of 50cm snow depth.
I always take resorts own snow reports with a pinch of salt. Comforting to know there are favourable reports from some 1500m resorts. After experiencing some dodgey conditions at lower level in recent years I am trying to guage the 'season' so far. Snowheads on the ground are always more reliable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy