Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon STH 12 or Salomon Z12 ti Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, first post so sorry if I do something against the etiquette...!

I bought Salomon Z12 ti bindings online to go with my Scott Aztec Pro skis.

However the shop has sent me STH 12s instead as they don't have any of the Scott branded z12 ti bindings that I ordered.

I know these are freestyle/freeride all-mountain bindings (larger friction plate and reinforced back thinger) - but even so are they as suitable as the z12 tis?

Basically I am asking should I get a refund and hold out for the z12 tis if most of the stuff I am doing will be on-piste (20% off max and no parks but a few jumps if I come across any on my travels)?

Cheers for the input! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm pretty sure the difference is minor, and the STH12 is the better binding (reinforced screw holes in the heel, and a wormscrew adjustment rather than a track iirc). You've done well, it's fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll be fine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sweet, thanks! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sebastian09 - Out of interest whare did you order yours from - I'm pondering these two bindings at the minute, and trying to find a good online price? Also considering the Marker Griffon - anyone got an opinion of how these stack up against the Sally's? (PS - they're for a new pair of Punishers/Neo's - TBC very shortly...!)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got them from www.freeze-scotland.com

They cost 113 quid. As I said, I'd originally ordered the Scott s12 ti (literally the Scott facelift of the Salomon z12 ti). I spoke to Neil (good lad) there though and he said the website listing was old and that what I'd actually get was the STH 12 (the 09 version whereas the Scotts were discontinued last year)

I think if you're going for the Punisher or Neo then the STH would be great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy