Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used Magic in La Tania?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our group is thinking of booking shared private lessons for 7 kids (3 instructors) with Magic in La Tania.

Obviously this is an expensive option for us but after less than ideal experiences in the past for all of us we are hoping that it will be very good.

Would be nice to hear some positive comments from other snowHead s.

Thanks a lot!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, 3 instructors for 7 kids? Lucky kids!
I had private lessons with Magic 2 years ago, the instructor was excellent. I really wish I could remember his name. Embarassed Very patient, and helped me a great deal. Presumably the kids will be on an simlar level to each other, if so I shouldn't worry.
IMHO, private lessons are a world appart from group lessons. Please let us know how you get on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier,Thanks! 3 instructors because the kids are at 3 levels, according to Magic we have 2 level 0, 2 level 1, 3 level 2, we wanted 2 but Magic reckoned that it's not advisable to merge levels in a class, so we've had to split them out into 3 ability levels. We were going to do their classes but in La Tania they don't run their Little Ones programme only Fun Factory which is for ages 6-9. But three of the kids are 4-5. It got really complicated because we thought that we'd put the older ones in Fun Factory and get 1 shared instructor between the three younger ones but they are at different levels with 1 complete beginner and so Magic didn't recommend that. Then they said they would take the 5 year olds into Fun Factory but not the 4 year old (who is my child) who would have to have private. We thought that would be really rubbish for him to see his mates go off all together every day whilst he has to go off on his own and the cost of the equivalent hours private was Shocked Hopefully this is the best solution, bit pricey but it should be good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, my SO had a 2 hour lesson with Magic last year and rated them very highly. Again, no recollection of the perticular instructor's name I'm afraid. Confidence was the main lacking ingredient and it was obvious to see the improvement afterwards.....less invective directed at me Laughing

Serioulsy though, I've heard other good reports about Magic snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chasseur, thanks that's reassuring snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My two kids were in the group lessons at Xmas in la Tania. It was very quiet and G was in a group with 2 others and E was on his own! 20 hours of private lessons! Anyway the instructors are great, very tolerant and understanding of the youngsters. Actually I have a video of E's instructor giving him a skiing shoulder carry down the red run to the village and jumping onthe bumps!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
prthomas, thanks for that, again very reassuring. We were hoping that we might have ended up like that with their groups as we are going on a quiet week but the showstopper was them not taking the 4 year old.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah,
We used Magic in LT last year ( 2007-08 ) and again this year at New Year for 9 adults and 10 children in various groups including shared private lessons and all had very positive results. We also found that by doing it this way we could get 4 afternoons of lessons rather than having to commit to the full days for the children, so we could ski in social family groups on mornings as well as free days.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SteveM, thanks, we've booked them now snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad to hear you booked them.We used Magic in La Tania about three years ago for private lessons for four children, four hours a day for six days. It was a great experience for everyone and all four children made enormous progress.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy