Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sledge Crash Briton Is Critical

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A 24-year-old British student is critically ill after she crashed into a tree while hurting down a mountain using an inner tube as a sledge. The girl, identified as Urszula Grubb from London, sustained massive head injuries in the high speed impact. ...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090122/tuk-sledge-crash-briton-is-critical-45dbed5.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ugh, I can hardly bear to read about sledging injuries, they remind me of working in Verbier many years ago, and living in a chalet which was on the edge of a wood, with a 'nice' slippy path between us and the wood. On the average of about once a week - usually in the evening/pitch dark - some idiotic, drunken British youngster would be brought into the chalet, where they would bleed all over the floor while someone called a doctor.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My first experience of sledging in an austrian resort (Mayrhoffen), 'organised by the TO, was many years ago. wooden sledges being run down a road they had closed off. Started with a visit to a bar, much alcohol consumed, then off down the road. This was in the late 70's, well befor helmets and padding. Not surprisingly, out of the 20 or so lemmings, there were two holiday stopping injuries and many bruises. None were as bad as the injury that hyweljenkins referred to above.
Hope the outcome for this person is positive!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier, snap but in Schladming

Scary.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMF_Skier, yep, kirchberg too, early 90's
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMF_Skier, yep I did that in Mayrhofen in 1989 after quite a lot of schnapps. Amazing I'm still alive really.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am ashamed to say I took my 65 year old dad to the night sledging place in Brück near Zell am See, we did consume vast amounts of alcohol and sledge down, it was literally sheet ice, Ilost the whole rubber sole off my shoe for continually braking,( I am a lightweight) and my dad lost the complete sledge! He hit a corner and parted company, we searched in the dark for a while but gave up , as you say geetee, lucky to be alive really, and have learned the lesson!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAB, well I didn't quite learn the lesson as a couple of years after that I did the torchlit descent thing in France where you go up a mountain, have fondue and lots of wine, and then ski back down with a kind of oil lamp. Duh! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did you spill the oil Shocked OUCH
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DAB, luckily not - no visible scars! Laughing Crazy the things the TO's manage to convince us to do though, eh? My last TO suggested stupid activity was bumboarding in Valloire and I ended up with mild concussion. I guess that's when I learn my lesson.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry to be a plank, but what is bumboarding?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DAB, I googled it and found this Now imagine yourself, alcohol fuelled on cheap wine after dinner, and the rep runs in shouting 'It's snowing!! Let's all go bumboarding!' after it had been icy hardpack for the first part of the week. Well of course it sounds like fun. So you grab a jacket and head out to the nearest slope collecting a bumboard on the way. Nice fluffy snow on the top, boilerplate ice underneath. The rest was a blank.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crikey! That could do you some serious damage if you hit a stone, or worse a rock Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy