Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdome instruction / lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wondered if anyone had any info / feedback on the instruction available at the Milton Keynes snowdome?

I'm what I guess most people would call a 'basic-intermediate' ... but would really like to improve the technical side of my skiing.

Most of the courses (levels 1- 6) seem to be for people at the snowploughing level (?) However, they seem to have a couple of courses called "Sno!Academy" and "Ski Excel" ... does anyone have any experience of these, and what the instruction is like (good, bad, or otherwise).

If it helps (and you want a laugh), some clips of my skiing are available here:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46997

I did conside rprivate lessons, but at £150 per hour Shocked I think not!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abj, Hopefully Skimotteret will see this thread, as he teaches there and is probably the best person to answer your question. Myself being a Hemel Instructor, I'm not exactly welcome in the place and we're not open until end of April.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dry slope has honed my skills. Hurts when you fall though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Hurts when you fall though.

Yep, visited my local dry slope (Sandown) a year or two back - and really didn't enjoy the experience. I'm a wimp, aren't I!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abj, I skied for a few months with the Aldershot Senior Race Club. Much lower cost than a snowdome, and good quality coaching sessions at least once a week. But it is on plastic, so you pays your money and takes your choice.

I don't think Skimottaret does much teaching at MK these days as he is more involved with race coaching the minis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abj, I think your options are

Performance coaching - Saturday, 8-10am: formal instruction but often big group
SNO!coach - Monday , 7-10pm: informal instruction, tips and hints

Fresh Trax - Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings: there used to be an informal instructor but not anymore I think

Performance Days - run ad hoc usu on Sat off season with top quality instruction

SNO!academy - Thursdays, 7-9pm: slopestyle and intro freestyle

I think prices are quite reasonable and the sessions look decent.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Performance coaching - Saturday, 8-10am: formal instruction

Sounds like the ticket (although I'm not sure the word 'performance' and my skiing go together!)

Quote:

but often big group

What does big mean?

Sorry for the questions ... byt the MK website is pretty vague.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abj, Can you wait till April? If you can Hemel will offer proper advanced group lessons.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, In all seriousness, I might be interested in that.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, if I'm honest I've got itchy feet and really want my next fix soon! I'm also absolutely determined to progress my skiing/technique (which has hit a serious plateau) and I figure regular practice can only help (I hope!)

Having said that I'm going to try and make visits to a snowdome a regular activity ... and as I live in Teddington (West London / Middx), Hemel would certainly be a lot easier easier to get to than MK.

So yes! Definitely interested in some visits to the new Hemel snowdome.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
abj,

I think you're right that the performance coaching will suit best. Don't worry, the range of skiers is wide so you'll have no problems fitting in at all. Size of group can vary too, from very few to rather too large!

Quote:

Definitely interested in some visits to the new Hemel snowdome.

So are we all!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abj, the performance coaching is good. As well as (depending on your age) the >40's morning. not sure what it is called but i worked a couple of those sessions and the skiers were a good level with a few working on instructor ratings.

i do teach at MK mainly doing privates before/after race training little ones but i myself wouldnt pay 150 an hour for a private (plenty do though). get yourself into a group session, they are typically undersubscribed and a have a good level of skier.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the advice skimottaret.

Might give the Sat morning performance lessons a go.

As a matter of interest, is there a maximum group size?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abj, i think 8 but worth calling about that. even if there are more than 8 it isnt a big deal as you will get strung out doing laps and drills so will get plenty of feedback. the coach that runs those sessions is a top guy...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy