Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort recommendation is needed..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Yet again I am after your advice.
My friend and I are intermediate level boarders. We are looking for a place for the second trip this season; only for a long weekend somewhere at the end of Feb/beg/mid March.
First time we went on 20-27th December to the Three Valleys and spent too much dosh for our liking, so looking for smth not as expensive this time.

I was wondering if you can recommend a place with an easy access (can’t really spend too much time travelling), hopefully with a shuttle/bus service from the airport available and some variety of slops with a reasonable high mountains to be sure there is some snow. Some places around to go for après skiing would not hurt either.
Last year we went to Flaine/Samoens in France and it was reasonably easy to get to from Geneva, but this year the place seems to be twice as expensive!
My friend is thinking about Norway, but I am not convinced for three reasons –seem to be bloody expensive, the mountains are not that high and the resorts seem to be too far from the airport.

Appreciating your help.
Cheers
F
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fier, I was going to suggest Flaine! If you can leave it until after first week of March you will give yourselves more options as the French hols end 6 March ish.
What about Morzine? There's another similar thread somewhere started today.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flaine is good, COurmayeur is great (easy access from Turin or Geneva), POrtes du soleil etc etc
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoriaz should not be ignored, just as close, pretty much guaranteed snow, some nightlife, lots of appartments. Very good for boarders .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out www.grimentz.ch pratically unknown to british holiday makers, its reasonable because its for the swiss, its easy to get to ( Swiss Trains) from geneva, but most of all we have fantastic skiing and boarding - dare to be different Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want the best value for money there is only one place and that is Austria. I can't for the life me me think why anyone would recommend any where in France as a cheap holiday skiing wise. As for Norway forget it. Go to one of the lesser Known resorts in Austria and eating and drinking is the same price as England. I would look at Serfaus-Fiss, Soll or Stubia
latest report
 brian
brian
freebird, shhh. wink Anyway, intermediate boarders would struggle with the amount of surface lifts and the après is somewhat peaceful for such dudes.

Nice website btw, are you in one of the new buildings up past Chez Florioz then ? I have a (petit) appt across the piste in Les Alpes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, everyone.
Will investigate these options further!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We do any day arrival short breaks in Les coches, Paradiski, between £99 - £139 per person, with a supplement of £30 for a Friday and Saturday night so a weekend would be max £199 per person for three nights catered accommodation in a lovely ski to the door chalet. We do evening transfers from Geneva at £12.50 per person each way.

http://www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks/view/short-break
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy