Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nassfeld 340cm of Snow, is this the deepest snow base in europe?

Poster: A snowHead
Nassfeld has just had another 100cm dump and now has 340cm at the top, is this the most in Europe or does anywhere else have more?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's close.

I think there are one or two stations in southern Switzerland and northeast Italy with around 300 - 400cm up top.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sella Nevea 380cm (Italy), but it is located close to Nassfeld.
Lesachtal 350cm, but is also very close to Nassfeld.
This area had 100-200cm snow in the middle of December, and now received another 50-100cm.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Accoding to skiinfo.com here are the current top five

Destination Top
Arabba Marmolada 480 cm
Alagna Valsesia - Monterosa... 455 cm
Sella Nevea 380 cm
Mölltaler Gletscher 350 cm
Nassfeld Hermagor 340 cm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OMG! 340cm at the top? That's just made me VERY happy.

I'm going to Nassfeld on Saturday for a week, can't wait!!

The snow forecasts have all been saying hardly any snow or snow/rain this week. Maybe they were wrong then!

Will report back on my return Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was thinking of Nassfield in the first week of March. Please inform me. Should be some good off piste fun.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, Been there a few times. Lots of good red runs. Snow is good until the end of April.
Unfortunately, I did not try it off piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa, I agree with kerekip, Nassfeld is fab and I have skied there in April with plenty of snow. It used to be one of my 'local' mountains when I lived out in Carinthia.

The region got insane amounts of snow just before Christmas (as in couldn't find your car for three days, literally), and it's been cold since then, so it's pretty much all still there.

D
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Deliaskis wrote:
The region got insane amounts of snow just before Christmas (as in couldn't find your car for three days, literally), and it's been cold since then, so it's pretty much all still there.

Then I was there in Heiligenblut. I have not seen so much snow in my life.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimSearle wrote:
Nassfeld has just had another 100cm dump and now has 340cm at the top, is this the most in Europe or does anywhere else have more?

I don't know, but I'd say it was one of the most carefully selected measuring locations! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Ross wrote:
Accoding to skiinfo.com here are the current top five

Destination Top
Arabba Marmolada 480 cm
Alagna Valsesia - Monterosa... 455 cm
Sella Nevea 380 cm
Mölltaler Gletscher 350 cm
Nassfeld Hermagor 340 cm

I'm not sure how reliable that 480cm figure is for Arabba/Marmolada, the local sites are reporting a maximum of 250cm, still impressive for this early in the season:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/marmolada/en-US/open-lifts-slopes-marmolada-1172EN.html

http://www.arpa.veneto.it/bollettini/htm/dolomiti_neve_e_valanghe_en.asp

More importantly, 60-100cm of fresh snowfall this week though, not bad!

Vintage year for the Dolomites and Carinthia! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers all... The folk I will be going with would love the red runs, I'm a little worried though that there may not be much to excite me in the way of steeps and bumps. I coluld always play in the park though... and there is always the off piste option. I suppose I could always see if I can join up with any other powder fans.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd never even heard of Nassfeld, but now I've googled it, it looks a great resort. Don't remember ever seeing it in a tour op brochure, I wonder why...?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, Some of the TOs have just started promoting it online. Never been a popular destination with the Brits.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
les Abries in the Hautes-Alpes have 360cm at the top of the runs - they would post more but the top lift has been taken out by an avalanche - they have over 400cm on the very top slope.
ski holidays
There is a poo-poo load of snow around Arraba. I am not an off piste skier, but there is untracked pow everywhere in that area, even a few days after "The Big Snow"!!!
latest report
johnboy, now is your time, become an off piste skier.
latest report
arv,

I have to admit I did sample a bit of the pow, although it was pretty tame.
snow report
No far from! Kanin has a base of 660cm at the top so that's about the double of Nassfeld
snow conditions
Agree with bart_bdv, Kanin/Bovec in Slovenia, at the beginning of the season and after huge storms were claiming 680cm. They should have skiing well into may.
snow conditions
Now Bovec-Kanin has 880cm snow.
1m fresh snow in the last 48 hours.
Unfortunately it has been closed for almost three weeks, an avalanche damaged the gondola lift.
Predicted to re-open this weekend.
snow report
Shame its such a small ski area........
ski holidays
Does anyone know if they have opened the planned link to sella nevea yet?
snow conditions
Nassfeld must have picked up some fresh from the same storm as they now show 380cm at the top, either that or someone forgot to swtich of the snow canons.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
550cm Passo Tonale!!
ski holidays
We have a ski house out in Slovenia in a small village called Ratece, 2 minutes away from Kranjska Gora, opposite Planica, the ski jumping place. The skiing this year has been AMAZING! We are very lucky to be able to travel to so many different resorts in a short time. I was out there last week, and went to Nassfeld which was superb, (is about 45 mins away from the house), Gerlitzen, Arnoldstein, Obertauern and katschberg (Austria)( all under 45 mins), Tarvisio, Sella Nevea, (Italy) and Bohinji and kranjska Gora (slovenia)!

Kerekip; yes we tries going to Bovec but it was shut which was unfortunately, although the drive there is spectacular!

Jimsearle: no they haven't opened the link yet, apparently it should be done by feb 2010... this would make it fantastic for us because Sella Nevea is only 15 minutes away, whereas Bovec is around 45!

Alex Very Happy
snow report
abar1990, as far as I know it will be done by Nov 2009.
They started building last year, made progress, but did not manage to obtain some permits for three months, and they realized they could not finish it by the original deadline, Dec 2008.
latest report
sierra nevada is reporting a base of 400CM according to j2ski.com as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy