Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can't seem to find much info on this resort. Anyone been there? I've just booked it with Esprit as the deal was too good to miss and now a bit worried if it's suitable enough for kids (6 and 7). Can you also recommend a good school for adults as the kids are booked with Esprit. Any comments and advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Elena
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elena, you should find plenty of information on here if you search for Saas-Fee. It's a good resort for kids and lower ability adults. Because the resort is at 1800m the snow on the nursery slopes tends to be good all season even though they are at village level. There's also some fairly accessible higher runs if you use your common sense and don't overestimate your ability. My wife likes the blue between Felskinn and Morenia, but will catch the Alpin Express down to avoid the crowds on the runs down at lunchtime and late afternoon.

There are two ski schools, the Swiss school and Eskimos. Swiss school does 3 hours Monday to Friday 10-1, while Eskimos does 2 1/2 hours, 9.30- 12. Eskimos is slightly more expensive but they limit group sizes to 8 for adults. I've done a high level group with the Swiss school which was OKish with 11 of us, while my wife has done a lower level group which was way over-subscribed. I'm tempted to try Eskimos next time. If you really want to make some progress then I think I have to advise Eskimos. If you are going at a busy time try to book on-line first.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elena, I posted a video clip of Saas Fee on the snowMedia Zone here

Note - If you haven't done so already you may have to register on the snowMedia Zone before you can view it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try this video too http://www.planetski.eu/videos . Just scroll down to the Saas-Fee video.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elena, I got chatting to a woman on the plane back from geneva last week, they were coming back from Saas Fee with a 4 and 6 year old and had really enjoyed it. They had used Eskimos and raved about them. She was so enthusiastic that it's on my list for somewhere to go sometime soon!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elena, Saas Fee is a beautiful resort with a very friendly village and the nursery slopes will be ideal for your children, being right in the village. If they progress well, then you can take them up on the funicular to the glacier and there are blue runs to get them back to the resort.

Take your time at the top, however, as you need to get used to the altitude. They thoughtfully provide seats at the top to rest a while.

I went there last season at the end of November when there was a good snow fall and had the unexpected result of skiing right back to the village. I took my son there on the way from Wengen to Zermatt at Easter and we had a good half day of skiing. It's not the most extensive of skiing, but there are other resorts on the lift pass i.e Saas Amagell and Saas Grund, which were'nt an option in November.

Do try to do the Gletscher Grotte restaurant at least once, fantastic and friendly staff, it's just off the blue run back to the village . I used it every day except for the one day doing the revolving restaurant at the top of the funicular, which is also worth doing for a lunch stop. Make it longer than an hour and you do a complete rotation. Leave your gloves etc on the window ledges and they will return after an hour. snowHead

I can assure you that you have made a wise choice. Enjoy. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The home of the Last Christmas Cable Car (Felskinn). I think Saas Fee is probably my favourite ski resort - but I can't actually say why.

Have a great time!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy