Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern - any hotel/chalet recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to go to Obertauern at the end of Feb/beginning of March for a week on the slopes with some German and Austrian buddies

I've got them searching for accommodation, but thought that I would ask the good folks on snowHead to see if they have any recommendations. I see that Obertauern is quiet popular amongst you bunch - where have you been staying that you are happy to recommend?

There's going to be 3-5 of us so an apartment or smallish chalet wouldn't be out of the question, in addition to the more traditional hotel room

Doesn't need to be 5*. Just somewhere quite central (we've no car), clean & tidy, pleasant and not so expensive........70-100 euros per night (per person) kinda level. B&B, Half board, doesn't matter

Any ideas folks?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd highly recommend the Hotel Schneider http://www.schneider.at/englisch/index.html , which in turn was recommended to me by Ray Zorro. Superb hotel, great food, lovely spa facilities. Ski in/out right next to the lift. I think they do apartments as well. You can check price and availability on their website - no idea whether it comes within your price range or not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed in 3* Hotel Krallinger just opposite Gamsleiten I chair, if you are after some apres and nightlife I would say anything close to that lift is central and that's where the main bars and clubs are... Krallinger is good for 3*, location is perfect but with your budget I am sure there are better 4* hotels around, just look at obertauern.com I think you can see there all the accomodations on the resort map..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy