Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the deal with liquids on flights now?

Poster: A snowHead
Obviously the price of drinks etc. has flown up in France lately.

I want to take a couple of bottles of spirits with me when I fly next week, so we can have a couple of liveners in the apartment before we go out. Are we allowed to take bottles through the terminal now? Can I buy in the terminal and carry them in my hand luggage with the receipt as proof of purchase?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No problem buying them air-side, but only 100ml to be taken through security. If you don't drink it all and want to bring it back, it must go in your case.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same as before. Liquids in quantities above 'tiny' get chucked away by security, anything you buy in departures will be sold to you ina special bag and be ok though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers gents.

what are prices like in terminals? Never bought before. Never needed to Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoop, No, Yes (provided that you mean "in departures" when you say "in the terminal"), respectively.

You don't need any proof of purchase though, they will have taken any liquids you had off you at security, so anything you have when you board can only have been bought in the departure area and so is deemed "safe"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
and yes, by terminal I mean departures
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where are you flying into? Price of booze will be cheaper if you are flying to Geneva as its outside the EU.

Was in BRS Sunday night and from memory I think it was about a tenner for a litre of gin - duty free price??? They did have a buy 2 offer on but cant remember what that was.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flying to Geneva, then driving to Chamonix.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hoop, since you're hiring a car, you'd be better off stopping at a supermarché en route (unless you're arriving late, or on a Sunday, of course). The prices in Luton duty-free last week were pretty steep, even for the Geneva flight...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We're arriving Wednesday morning. Leaving on the 0710 flight from Stansted.

I thought with the prices rocketing it would be cheaper to buy duty free here.

Any idea how much a bottle of spirits costs in a supermarket, anyone? We'll be stopping in Sallanches on the way to Chamonix.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoop, a litre of perfectly acceptable gin was about eight/nine euros, & vodka & pastis was around the same (this was from a Géant somewhere on the outskirts of Annecy last weekend - can't be sure exactly where because I'd missed a turning & was a bit lost at the time, but it was a good supermarché, hope I can find it again!). You can probably get cheaper, actually, but the brand I bought (I think it's just called 'London Gin' - the bottle looks a bit like the Gordons export one) is really quite nice Toofy Grin .

I should grab some beers as well - the larger supermarchés usually have a much better & cheaper range than you'll find in resort (look out for the french micro-brewery stuff, it's pretty good). Oh, & cheese, of course... you can see where my priorities lie, can't you Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In relation to cigarettes - as an example of airport vs. plane - ciggies at LGW duty free when flying to GVA in Dec were more expensive that on the EZS flight, £26 as opposed to £19. If you're flying BA, you should be able to check onboard prices before you fly, then you can compare in Departures.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jo225, that excellent news. We'll definitely be stocking up when we get there in that case. I'd rather eat the dirt from under my fingernails than eat cheese, however Very Happy

vetski, none of us smoke, so this shouldn't be an issue. Maybe on the way back if we want to recoup a few quid!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£10.00 off voucher for duty free in Geneva here
http://www.easyjetinflight.com/

Geneva Duty free prices here
http://www.dutyfreeparadise.ch/gva_d_en.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, cheers prices look pretty good there.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:

Is there? I can't find it, am I being a dumb-ass?
snow report
paulio wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

Is there? I can't find it, am I being a dumb-ass?

me neither

If I buy anything I'm invoicing you for a tenner Very Happy
snow conditions
Hoop, paulio, A broken link methinks Sad
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:

The link appears as an advert on the right, simply taking you to this site:
Boredsurfing wrote:
Geneva Duty free prices here
http://www.dutyfreeparadise.ch/gva_d_en.html

However whilst the advert is flashing on the easyjetinflight website it says "Get your £10 Duty Free discount", then "You only have to mention the password 'Duty Free Paradise' at the till". Sounds like it's pretty easy!
snow report
Aha. Firefox's ad blocker was quietly removing all those ads from the page. Rightly so obviously, but confusing in this instance. Thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy