Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Di Fassa, Dolomites - What's it like?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know anything about this resort?! Thinking of Dolomites last week of Feb, large group with mixed abilities.

Any other suggestions for Austria, Switzerland, Italy welcome.
The thinking is that France will be busy due to French school holidays, so a resort with lots of runs is required.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First, there is a lot of information in the thread Calling Sella Ronda Fans in this board.

Then what do you actually want to know? "Val di Fassa" is not one resort, but is the name for the whole valley, with accommodation available in Moena, Vigo di Fassa, Pozza Di Fassa, Campitello, Canazei and Alba, with Campitello and Canazei being the two most UK tour ops go to.

All of those villages are linked by free ski bus, but only Campitello and Canazei have direct lift links into the Sella Ronda.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Alex, that's a help.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
europa, just posted a trip report for Canazei in Val di Fassa, quite a bit of info about this resort and the Sella Ronda area:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=1131915
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
europa, last week of feb is also school hols in a lot of traditionally Catholic areas such as Bavaria, Belgium, S.Netherlands and others, so it's possible it will be busy in quite a few places that week.

Loads of runs in the Sella Ronda area, somewhere around 400-500km. Will keep you busy all week with different destinations every day. Highly recommended.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunday of half term last season

what more could you ask for?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
swskier, Up above Alba?

You have to admit, that is one of the quieter areas of the valley Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was there today and honestly, from that point I couldn't see more than 6 people at any time - then again though, I hadn't the slightest idea those mountains were there Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
btw. If you're looking at Canazai, it's most important to be aware of the Danish school holidays as I understand it is the most popular resort in the Alps for the Danes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin wrote:
btw. If you're looking at Canazai, it's most important to be aware of the Danish school holidays as I understand it is the most popular resort in the Alps for the Danes.

I wondered why there were quite a lot there the week before last, good company though, never laughed so much in a gondola cabin before till I had a surreal conversation with a slightly inebriated Dane and his Italian ski guide.

It seems that Danish school holidays are 7-15th Feb this year:

http://www.feiertagskalender.ch/ferien.php?geo=3289&jahr=2009&klasse=5&hl=en
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex heney,,, Ya correct and yes is quiet but still with views like that who's going to complain!

How about this "busy" piste in selva!

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More 'busy' pistes 13 days ago near Corvara, happy days! snowHead :

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmmm, these pics show very flat pistes. Now I don't do gnarly stuff, but I hope there's plenty a bit steeper ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swskier, perhaps you might want steeper pistes. I would get bored riding pistes like that, to me those motorway pistes are there for getting from one interesting area of skiing to another. Not to purposely ski for enjoyment.

Only been to dolomites once, in the summer. Arabba and Selva looked like the places to go for more varied skiing. Stayed near the bottom of that first picture, at a place called Penia, Val di Fassa.

My quam about staying in Val di Fassa was that it didn't seem that there were many pistes returning to the valley. If the solitary pistes gets shut, you will have to get the gondola down to Canazei. Thats not my ideal end to a day of skiing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Hmmm, these pics show very flat pistes. Now I don't do gnarly stuff, but I hope there's plenty a bit steeper ...

This is the start of the Hidden Valley run

this one is from near the bottom of that run, takken outside the restaurant where we had lunch:

This one is a photo of the Belvedere area above Canazei, taken from the top of the Col Rodella area above Campitello.
snow report
alex_heney, That's better Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy