Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best hotels in passo tonale?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys, right decided on passo tonale for the end of feb. got myserlf plus 3 beginners and trying to choose the best hotel now as they all seem to have mixed reviews. i know everyone loves the orchidea but the other 3 in my group dont fancy the 10 min walk so i need something much closer to the slopes, any ideas? i have looked at sport vittoria, paradiso, cielo blu, hotel savoia. hotel flora alpina and hotel delle alpi. any reviews on these lot?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed at the Sport Vittoria 4 years ago and liked it. Food was good, staff were friendly, nice little pool, but what really sold it for us was the location. Just across the road from the lifts. ideal for beginners who don't want to walk too far in ski boots.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at Miramonti, a few doors down from Sport Vittoria, so again a great location...

It's a huge hotel and rather ugly (bright orange!) from the outside. Lots of facilities as you'd expect from a large hotel; two bars, restaurant, coffee bar, leisure complex, nightclub, but despite the size the staff were very friendly and the hotel very clean and modern...

My only slight gripe was the horrible stone spiral staircase down to the ski lockers. Doing that in ski boots and carrying skis is not something I'd ever want to try again!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi sabraham, I don't believe that the Orchidea is a 10 minute walk from the slopes (in fact, I can't think of any hotel in PdT that's a 10 minute walk from the slopes). Have you checked the piste map?

One hotel I would steer clear of is the Adamello. The staff are great, the rooms are fine but I wouldn't recommend the food (unless you're a big fan of German cuisine).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no, any ideas where i can see a map of the town?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi sabraham, there are several maps of the town kicking about on t'internet. The only site I've found with a decent town and piste map combined is in some strange foreign language (Polish?). The link is:

http://kelrodis.lt/slidinejimas/italija/skirama-dolomiti/passo_tonale.htm

and the maps are on the right-hand side.

The Orchidea is just up the road from the hotel marked with the number 13. From there it's a two minute walk up the road and across the carpark to lift number 24 which takes you to the top of a flattish blue. From there you can ski down to the rest of the resort. If you need to hire skis, there's shop next to the carpark.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy