Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

trip advise for a newbie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi guys

I'm new to this site and I'm hoping i can get some advise on a trip I'm wanting to plan to go to Canada next year all help would be appreciated Smile .

i went to the the travel agency today and got a book with the places they provide as holidays just to get an idea, the places that caught my interest wear banf and lake Louise, whistler. I've gathered that lake Louise and banff are about 50 KLIKS from each other so i could do both of them, but i would also like to do whistler and I've read on some other posts that its about 12 hour drive from banff please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm planing on going for 2 weeks and hope to drive between places , if anyway one can advise if these places provide a snowboarders dream snowHead or can direct me in the right direction would mean a lot.

thanks in advance Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
monkyman, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isn't Banff in Alberta... Canada is a massive country. I'm not surprised it's a 12 hour drive. I've never been to Canada to ski, only been to Montreal in the summer. I'm tres jealous!

Another thing to consider is that the Winter Olympics will be in Vancouver/Whistler in 2010. You might like that, you might not. The resort could be a bit out of sorts and very busy, depending when you're going.

I'm sure there'll someone along soon who can be more help!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMHO Whistler and Banff are way too far apart for a 2 week trip unless you want to spend more time driving than snowboarding. Plus you would be driving past some fantastic lesser known resorts on the journey between them. Maybe start off from Whistler and then head into interior BC. Or alternatively start from Banff and then head West into the Kootenays. The big UK tour operators hardly touch the surface of the places out there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks alot so far for the wellcome and advise.

yes i am aware that olympics will be during feburay from the 12 to the 28 not to sure when i wont to go, would be good to see some of the olympics maybe try to get a few days and as i think prices for accomaation will be jacked. up so not really wanting to pay trough my nose maybe go in early feb or early march depending on the advise i get.
Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whistler will be like a zoo (a very expensive zoo) during the Olympics. But the atmosphere could be brilliant too. Just depends if you want to see a show or do some serious boarding?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
that sounds like a plan uktrailmonster what would u recomend doing? whistler or banff
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
to tell u the truth dude i wana do some serious snowboarding i mean hopefully even try some helli stuff if posible as i heard u can do it in whistler.

when is the best time to go to canada for snow anyway i mean are the snow conditions usually bet than europe?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
monkyman, in my view you don't really need a heli to get awesome fresh tracks at many of the smaller resorts in BC. If you like steep and deep, then Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Red Mountain, Fernie, Whitewater should be on your shortlist. If you like more mellow terrain with great powder and trees then try Big White and Silver Star. You could easily take in 2 or 3 of those resorts in a 2 week road trip. I personally find Whistler and Banff a bit too over-run by the big tour operators, but the skiing is great if you get off the beaten pistes.

Best time to go? Anytime from late Dec to mid March. Ideal time would be mid Feb when the snow base will be well established (2m+) with plenty of regular fresh light powder and little chance of rain.

Conditions better than Europe? Usually yes, but you always need a little luck. Chances of going to BC for 2 weeks and NOT skiing fresh powder is very low. But it's less sunny than Europe if you like that sort of thing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy