Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to return your Hire car at Geneva airport (SWISS SIDE)

Poster: A snowHead
1 Follow signs from the Motorway to Geneva Airport once at the airport follow signs to Car Park P 51 Car hire return
2 Just BEFORE P 51 there is the World Trade centre, half way along the frontage there is a petrol station sign, turn immediately right and then left into the pumps NOTE which pump number you are going to use.
3 Go to credit card pay station at the end of the pump island you are parked by. Press button for instructions in English. Follow the instructions! Fill car with petrol.
4 Drive out of petrol pump area, go forward into the entrance of P51 (You do not need to go back onto the main road!)
5 Simply take a ticket at the right hand barrier, yes there are credit card logo's on it BUT JUST TAKE A TICKET!!
6 Drive 150 yards forward to the entrance barrier for Car Hire return put ticket into the box by barrier, barrier lifts, drive to approxiamately where you collected the car. Do not block the roadway. Other people may be wanting to return their cars as well!
7 Find member of staff to check car and sign the paperwork.
8 Walk through the car park to the road where the shuttle bus dropped you off.
9 If the bus isn't there it is really only a very short walk back along the road to the terminal and the first entrance you come to is the car hire desk entrance where you got the car from when you arrived so you know where you are. Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-01-09 19:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, thank you. That makes the 5th Geneva car hire thread I've bookmarked so far. I haven't yet had time to compare and contrast all the information! rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't follow these instructions if you hired from the French side, or you will experience 'disappointment'.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio, Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio, Good point! Have edited that in! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And from my mates experince a 300 Euro bill (he is french - he should have known better!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Following the above I was susequenly charged £6.00 for using the shuttle bus! (I only did on arrival.) Holiday Auto's have subsequenly refunded the charge. National Alamo WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE for the bus. So ASK at the rental desk before getting the bus if there is a charge. Even with luggage it's not far enough to be worth £6.00!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At the petrol station, watch your pump! while you are doing the credit card thing at the machine it activates the petrol pump, i ended up having a this is my petrol pump...no its mine.. with a canadian guy who did not understand how it all worked...

There was also a long queue, so leave enough time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

There was also a long queue, so leave enough time.

or go through to the pumps just inside the French border at Ferney Voltaire.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Does that involve turning off the motorway? If so, is it straightforward to get back on?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, you go off the motorway at the exit immediately FOLLOWING the airport exit (ie heading towards Lausanne, if you're coming back from Chamonix etc). Follow the signposts to Ferney. It's essential to ignore all other signs, including "France" and "autre routes" and stick religiously to the Ferney signposting, which will take you under the runway, and through the border. The pumps are immediately after the border, and if you turn right at the roundabout, then right again at the next junction ("Centre commercial") there's a vast supermarket open till 9 pm 6 days a week, which can be very useful if you arrive a bit late.

Getting back to the airport is easier - just go back through the border and under the runway, then keep right on the airport signs.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I might add if you used Hertz recive a 43.05 CHF bill for winterisation, no choice no warning just charged to the credit card you used to hire the car. Sent the recipt off to Autoeurope for them to see if they can get it refunded.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Boredsurfing, you go off the motorway at the exit immediately FOLLOWING the airport exit (ie heading towards Lausanne, if you're coming back from Chamonix etc). Follow the signposts to Ferney. It's essential to ignore all other signs, including "France" and "autre routes" and stick religiously to the Ferney signposting, which will take you under the runway, and through the border. The pumps are immediately after the border, and if you turn right at the roundabout, then right again at the next junction ("Centre commercial") there's a vast supermarket open till 9 pm 6 days a week, which can be very useful if you arrive a bit late.

Getting back to the airport is easier - just go back through the border and under the runway, then keep right on the airport signs.

Hi

Would prefer to fill up at this option rather than wait for the WTC in case there is a problem - is this a 24hr place? (arriving back at the airport at 5am!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimom, most have a pay at pump option for 24 hour service, most of them now take UK cards.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Hertz recive a 43.05 CHF bill for winterisation, no choice no warning just charged to the credit card

this sort of report keeps happening - it's just useful to keep reminding people that the oft-repeated mantra "winter tyres and chains always included at no extra cost on the Swiss side of Geneva" is not always accurate. If you pick up the price leaflets at Geneva they invariably include a "winterisation" charge though if you talk to the guy on the desk they might say that bookings from the UK include it. It's a shame that the picture is not more consistent but it's not worth fretting too much about it, really.

skimom, I'm afraid I've never been there at 5am! But as Helen Beaumont says the French pumps now, thank goodness, take UK credit cards. In the past it was sometimes a case of finding a friendly Frenchman to take your cash and use his credit card to pay. But friendly Frenchmen are probably thin on the ground at 5 am.
ski holidays
We've had a car through Hertz on a couple of occasions, but haven't been charged this. Last time I think was via AutoEurope too.
snow report
I just wanted to thank you for this post - at the WTC I would never have spotted the bit where you put your credit card! your instructions made it so easy, and we were even able to help out the people behind us who at 4.30am were equally perplexed as to how or where they should pay!

By the way I asked at the Alamo desk about the bus and was told there was no charge. There was an 'Environmental Tax' on the agreement which I refuted but was told I had to pay and reclaim from HA, and then today when we got the invoice this has transmuted into a 'Busing Charge'. It was only £5... but there is a principal here so I have attempted to reclaim it.
snow conditions
Well a turn up for the books it took a few weeks to come through but Autoeurope got me the the 43CHF back refunded from Hertz direct to my card. Well chuffed
snow conditions
HA emailed me to say that Alamo shouldn't have charged a bussing fee as it is included in their prices so they are refunding me the £5!
snow conditions
I missed the bus and walked back to th eairport in 5 minutes...!!! Razz
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy