Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twin tip (or wide) skis and gondala racks ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Why oh why are the racks on some gondola lifts so small? Last week I was in Meribel skiing and couldn't get my ski into the rack so the lift attendant rammed it in (this is using 1 ski per slot). When I got off the lift my ski literally would not come out of the slot and was heading back down the mountain before I managed to eventually yank it out at the last minute! Luckily I worked out a technique after that and managed to avoid any more issues but you would think the slots would be bigger given how popular wide skis are now? I don't know if there is any issue using the snowboard slots instead? Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
placing them in diagonal usually works..on new lifts it doesn't seem to be as big and issue.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The SO just takes his in the gondola with him, they never fit in the slots!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Grechen mine would not fit in the slots with out a good ram too so the next time up I decided to take them in the car with me but the car was so small they would not fit in. Big panic as I had to get out and ram them in the slots again. Sad
About time some got upgraded.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I tried sneaking my youngest's brand new twin tips into a gondola recently as there was no way they would fit in the rack together even though they're only little. The lift attendant grabbed them and instead of putting them in single slots (which I thought was not a good idea on this particularly busy day) he tried ramming them into one slot. No damage luckily and they were fine once my husband had taken them back off him and put into single slots. All in the space of about 10 seconds. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go to a better resort with modern gondolas Twisted Evil or put them in the snowboard slots
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PisteHead wrote:
or put them in the snowboard slots

What snowboard slots Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PisteHead, but often if they go in the snowboard slots, they are then not wide enough to be secure in there, and lean over at an angle where it looks like they could fall out. It was for this reason that the liftie in Zell Am See took them out and handed them to us inside the gondola last week.

D
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've only had this problem once (on Varet in Les Arcs), but to be fair I think that's the only lift with an outside rack for skis I've been on in years. The solution was (after a bit of a panic) to take them inside with me. Wasn't a very comfortable journey , but it worked Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PisteHead, 141cm twin tips didn't fit there either. Was only an issue the first time we realised this and then separated them. Tricky for a 9yr old to do on his own, but luckily when with ski school they usually went on chairs. And the liftie I mentioned above is the only unhelpful one I have ever encountered in Les Gets.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deliaskis, Dwarf Vader, It depends where you go, I'm sure I've seen it before....certain I have......100%.
Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PisteHead, I am sure it does depend where you go, I guess the two variables would be the size of the racks themselves, which probably don't vary that much overall, but also the attitude/policy of the lift company and staff, which probably varies a lot!

D
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Flaine I was able to get them in the ski slots by putting them in separately, back one first, bindings facing away from you, then sliding the second ski in binding towards you. Need to get out of the gondola quickly so that you have time to reverse the process.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Mason wrote:
In Flaine I was able to get them in the ski slots by putting them in separately, back one first, bindings facing away from you, then sliding the second ski in binding towards you. Need to get out of the gondola quickly so that you have time to reverse the process.
I found putting them diagonally in the slots with the bindings facing out worked, each ski in a separate slot (my skis are around 115 on the tail).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy