Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who wears a helmet in bed?

Poster: A snowHead
Stayed in a hotel on friday night. Woke up not knowing quite sure where I was. Rolled out of bed like I do at home but hit head on bedside cabinet that isn't normally there (if you get my drift). I estimate that my head was moving at less than 0.25mph but it still hurt like hell. Surely all hotels must now equip guests (especially those under 14 who drink a lot) with helmets just in case. A bed helmet wouldn't need to be quite a impact-resistant as a ski helmet but I am absolutely certain I'd sleep more confidently with one in future.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sue the b*stards. Cast iron case.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know about that, but I should consider wearing a helmet and body armour in the bath. Twice now I've slipped, one time punching a hole clean through the bath with my knee. There was blood and water everywhere and it looked like a scene out of Psycho. The hotel insurance claim got quite interesting, but I digress.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, good point. I always have my helmet by my plate at lunchtime. That means I am ready to protect from harm either my meal or my head, whichever I deem to be at greatest risk. You can't be too careful.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
uktrailmonster, you stupid barsteward. Laughing For the hotel bath, I would recommend the upper arm, elbow, shin and knee protectors I sometimes use for DH mountain biking and they would also help protect against hotel carpet burns. wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles wrote:
I always have my helmet by my plate at lunchtime

isn't that off putting for other diners, not to mention illegal in many countries Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, in the UK 300 people per year die getting out of bed. You were lucky.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whilst in Verbier I returned to my hotel room slightly the worse for wear following a 'few scoops' and I bounced of a wall that had jumped out in front of me and gave me a glancing blow to the side of the forehead/eye. This particular wall had artex or the like on it and caused and nasty scrape Shocked so it is all well and good having a helmet with you on a skiing holiday, but when is it safe to take it off ....... and ..... would my insurance cover such injury because technically I was 'off piste' Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swiller, there's a preferable alternative, which is to pad the bedside cabinet like a skilift pylon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moffatross wrote:
uktrailmonster, you stupid barsteward. Laughing For the hotel bath, I would recommend the upper arm, elbow, shin and knee protectors I sometimes use for DH mountain biking and they would also help protect against hotel carpet burns. wink

The irony was that I'd just removed all my DH mountain bike body armour before getting in the bath.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well thanks all for your valuable input on this. What I'm suggesting is that there are many things far more dangerous than skiing or boarding for which we don't consider wearing safety helmets. The gettingoutofbedheads.com forum probably doesn't endlessly debate the subject but I think they should. I can assert that I have been more seriously injured getting into or out of beds than in 35 years of sliding about on snow near trees and pylons.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
May I suggest that this forum might be discriminatory again males of the Jewish persuasion as they have no access to such equipment?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, well I can state that in 41 years I've hurt myself more in the bath than driving fast cars. Does that mean I don't need to consider wearing a seatbelt?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
uktrailmonster, won't a seatbelt get soggy and get in the way playing battleships?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, Read your travel insurance policy, you must be able to claim on that after all that's what accidents are for away from home wink
latest report
Boredsurfing, yeah but I wasn't covered for off-bed without a girl guide.
latest report
Nick L, cheeky Laughing Laughing
snow report
Bode Swiller, nice try at stirring this pungent pot Madeye-Smiley You really dressed it up in a new way, almost doesn't look like a helmet thread Laughing
ski holidays
Perhaps hotels should provide helmets outside of one's bedroom door......having stopped singing the Russian national anthem with my "new" Rusky best mate, my son and his friend a couple of weeks ago out of respect for the other hotel guests, I staggered into my room at 2am, and apparently fell over in the bathroom. According to the SO's "piste" report the following morning at any rate. In spite of finding no obvious cranial damage, clearly I must have suffered a head trauma, as short term memory loss prevented any recall of said fall.... Embarassed

The bathroom was decorated in blue and wide by most comparisons. It was quiet and I had no inkling of the danger as I angulated and leaned in whilst attempting to negotiate the piste....Next time I'll just get in the tuck to avoid a similar incident. Or should I invest in a helmet?
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Boredsurfing, yeah but I wasn't covered for off-bed without a girl guide.

or cross country wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy