Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is different about a ski helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Megamum,

HMR helmets have visors that can be fitted to their H2 helmets and you can wear prescription specs with them, they are CEN 1077 approved (downside is they arent cheap!! )

http://www.hmrhelmets.co.uk/sc/1206/HMR-Visors.htm

rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sideshow_Bob, I forgot to post back - yes, that's exactly what I had in mind - pity about the associated cost, but I reckon it would be well worth a try for spectacle wearers like me who already own good prescription sunnies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boo22, Your link too - the same idea. I think I will postpone a better helmet until I can afford something like that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, no need for a new helmet, get a Casco Nordic Shield, all the Norway XC team are wearing them.

Or you could wear OTG goggles and stop the draft from below.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, Thanks - I'll look on the internet and find one to look at. I've actually got OTG goggles (proper ones), but they are just not comfy against the arms of the specs and also the specs tend to fog under the goggles if I work hard. Esp. if there is precipitation in the wind, snow sleet, ice-y bits etc. I think the extra windflow around the specs offered by some sort of visor might just be effective as keeping the specs clear and then if the visor was properly tinted you may not even need prescription sunnies. Or else a clear visor could used if you already had them.

Visors do seem, on sight alone, to offer a viable alternative to the specs/contacts/presc. sunnies issues. I'd be very interested in trying one out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boo22 wrote:
Megamum,

HMR helmets have visors that can be fitted to their H2 helmets and you can wear prescription specs with them, they are CEN 1077 approved (downside is they arent cheap!! )

http://www.hmrhelmets.co.uk/sc/1206/HMR-Visors.htm

rolling eyes

I saw a handful of those helmets last week in Italy. I kept looking around to see where the wearer of said helmet had parked their fighter jet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, OK, very funny. But as reading through the countless threads on the subject easily proves for those of us unfortunate enough to require artificial lenses there is no viable solution that suits us all - this is just a new idea that I hadn't considered and one that I think has mileage in trying. The Casco shields seem to retail at $110-$120 which is enough that I won't be trying them in the near future, but I've had a mind to purchase a new helmet for some time, and I think before I decide to do so I will see if I can get my hands on a visored one to try in shop (though I confess to not seeing on display when I've looked). I must admit that fancying (as I do) a black helmet if I got one with a visor I would suffer countless jokes as you have indicated, but hey! if the thing solved the conundrum of carrying countless different version of lenses up the slopes as I currently do to cope with various eventualities (which if you're a blind as bat without lenses you have to do so) the ridicule might be worth the advantage.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, all IMHO, of course, but I do think they look very silly. My girlfriend wears glasses and has never got on well with contact lenses. She has sunglasses with a clip-in prescription lens. The sunglasses themselves have interchangeable lenses so she can swap between dark and orange colours depending on the weather. Her goggles also use the same prescription clip-in lens. None of them steam up, and they seem to make sure she can see where she's going. For occasional forays indoors when she's on the hill she carries one of those very small prescription glasses which are stored in a thin metal case a bit like a large lipstick holder. Sorted, and all without looking like you've just stepped off the set of Top Gun!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy