Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Truly massive ski bags

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of a ski bag which holds two pairs of skis and two pairs of boots? My girlfriend sees me as some kind of sherpa so I'm trying to make life easier for myself.

The dakine fall line seems to meet the 2 prs skis requirement but only holds one pair of boots.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my old Snow and Rock wheelie ski bag (which fell apart at the end of last year) would have fitted all that stuff. it was designed for 2 pairs of skis
i would have weighed a frikken ton though Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tommy4681, the decathlon one I bought would probably fit this lot in, you'd have to double check. £85 enormous wheeled thing. I had in it three pairs of boots, one pair of skis and a pair of snow boots, plus loads of other stuff packed around.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ellis Brigham Team edition Double roller, will fit, 2 skis, poles and 2 pairs of boots and some other stuff at a push and planning...though you may find it will weigh more then the single item weight limit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have one of these..

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Dakine-Fall-Line-Double.html

Only two pockets for boots( one boot in each pocket)..but inside you could easily fit another pair and I've had three pairs of skis in here + my clothes...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 19-01-09 12:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I reckon our Snow & Rock wheelie double would fit that. We normally have three pairs of skis & poles plus loads of clothes etc. but I reckon it would fit boots.

Sounds like it is the same as Arno's, and he seems to agree!

Would weigh a ton though and is not as easy to wheel as it looks, so can be a pain to move around if heavily loaded.

D
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow and rock do a cargo roller ski bag at about 75 quid and will accomodate what you need easily
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Dynastar ski bag will take 4 sets of 225 DH skis, if I just put normal skis in it, it'll take 4 sets, plus boots. Lifting it is a different story though, it's 30kg+ for 4 sets of skis alone.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the suggestions. The main problem seems to be the weight of the thing rather than getting all the kit in. I'll have to start sculpting the guns before March Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, how do you find those Dyna bags? i'm on the lookout for something that will take 3 pr skis, 1 pr boots and other junk (shovel, ice axe etc). thought one of those might fit the bill and they are available for a relatively reasonable cost on ebay
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got the Dakine fall-line double wheeled bag.
Although it says you could fit 2 pairs of skis and a pair of boots i found the most i could squeeze in was both skis and a single boot. I guess it depends on what ski's and boots you've got but i'm amazed at the comment above about getting three pairs in. cfc5mu0, presumably two of these were snow-blades Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tommy, I have the Ellis Brigham Team edition Double roller brand new, never used etc if you are thinking about buying it, i'm sure we could come to some sort of deal Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fastandicy, I just went upstairs to test run getting skis in and I manager 3 pairs very easily (174 flats, 175 big twins and 162 skinnys). 2 pairs with boots (the 2 bigger pairs is easy).. if you can't get the boots in the compartments put them in right next to the skis. If that doesn't work but 1 pair of skis flat in the bottom (split apart) with breaks banded up and one pair split with a ski either side (same with the breaks) and put boots between the tips and tails. Will be having a measure at the weekend to make sure I can get the new 189's in.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv, I'm clearly medically retarded because i never even thought about splitting ski's when i packed last week. I'd slotted them in alongside each other base to base and just got on with it. now that you spell it out to me my thick little brain has not only grasped the concept but managed to get both pairs of ski's and the boots in in a trial run as described.

Please ignore the above comment from me as with a little know-how a pair of 179cm twins and a pair of 162cm carvers and boots is more than possible............ as long as your not an idiot..... which i've just realised i am Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fastandicy, In all fairness I have fit 162s and 175s in with them together and the boots in the special boot compartments... wink
latest report
arv, HOW???? That cannot be physically possible or we've got different bags because that does not happen with mine. I'm sticking with your split-ski idea.
latest report
fastandicy, a bit of jiggery pokery Laughing You just don't have the skillz wink
snow report
samharris, with all the jiggery pokery mentioned above (though ideally less rather than more), will that fit in two prs of skis (one 179 twintips, the other 162 twin tips) and two pairs of boots?
latest report
Arno, I got the bag direct from the Dynastar importers. It's a World Cup pro bag, fully padded with 4 individual zipped compartments, that rolls up into a giant sausage.
I'd try one of the importers if you want one, they use them to transport skis to ski tests.
snow conditions
http://www.skiracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=267 - helps that Dynastar sponsor their son/grandson Smile
snow report
Spyderman, sorry - phrased my question badly. i was wondering whether you liked the bag, found it roomy enough for all your kit etc Embarassed

Sideshow_Bob, those aren't bad prices...
snow conditions
has anyone recommended that your girlfriend carries her own skis yet?

and will you have to carry them around in resort for her as well?

wink
ski holidays
fastandicy, Your bits must be bigger than mine?
Toofy Grin

No this was three full skis..168-158's and one pair opf boots in the outside book pockets. It was full round the middle (where the bindings are but fine everywhere else).
ski holidays
Tommy4681, If you are not yet married and you are carrying her skis then life is going one long journey for you. I truly hope for you sake she has truly massive ski bags Toofy Grin
latest report
Arno wrote:
Spyderman, sorry - phrased my question badly. i was wondering whether you liked the bag, found it roomy enough for all your kit etc Embarassed

The only thing I put in it are skis & poles. It's enourmous, laid flat it's 230cm x 150cm. Build is bombproof, it's designed to be thrown around a lot, so it's very heavy cordura, lots of padding too. If I only took 2 pairs, it would fit everything else in it no problem. The only down side is it's weight and when it's full it's huge.
snow report
i have one u can try for free if you want? Assuming you can make it to canary wharf for a pickup anyway. it holds three pairs or two pairs plus one boots I _think_ never tried 2+2- not a named brand but pretty damn sturdy - only used once I can barely lift the damn thing once loaded! aj xx
ski holidays
Just bought 2 'Snowboard Asylum' Team Wheelie bags from Ellis Brigham. Will easily fit 3 pairs of skis as long as not too long. Am pretty sure won't fit 179cm so no use to Tommy4681 if that's what he has.

BTW does anyone know if the weight limit for a ski bag when flying across the Atlantic is 32kg or less than that?
latest report
a.j., many thanks for the offer but I'm actually working in Paris at the moment so CW is a bit of a trek (annoying as I was working there until 2 months ago when I got seconded out here).

slikedges, yep one pair are 179s so no good.

thefatcontroller and shoogly, apparently I'm the guardian of the age of chivalry. My mother agrees. We were all out together and I got a slap around the head from mother dearest for not holding a door open for them both. I'm sure if we'd have come across a puddle I'd have been expected to throw down my cloak (must look for one on ebay) so their manolos remained pristine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tommy4681, Grow some balls man.....must run mrsfatcontroller is shouting for me Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
I have this one

http://www.boardridersguide.com/product/Department_Snowboarding_Board%20Bags%20and%20Luggage/791511993.htm

It gets my board/boots and my 177cm skis (boots in boot bag).....just got back from Verbier via Swissair. It was 33kg fully laden. I had to decant a few items into hand luggage as the handlers sent it back to the check-in desk once I'd got through security!! It's got handles in all the right places and is easy to carry up stairs etc if required. You'd easily get 2 pairs of skis/poles in it plus your jackets/trousers/gloves, and more.
ski holidays
Tommy4681, You mentioned Sherpa qualities, don't underestimate the need for these as has already been mentioned above. I took my Lokker wheeled 2 pair ski bag loaded with just a single pair of skis, poles, the boots tucked in and then padded out with ski gear on the Eurostart to Val Thorens Last April. About 1/2 way across the packed Paris underground I started to wonder if it was such a good idea, and you are contemplating more gear than that. These bags are doubtlessly designed for the job and regardless of make many seem of good quality with good wheels (mine is at least and I've seen others), but they do weigh a metaphorical tonne and their length can make them very unweildy when fitting through train doors, and even transporting in cars at the beginning and end of the journey is worth consideration, i.e. can you fit you & passengers if necessary in car with the fully loaded bag.
latest report
a =Large Bag = 2-3kg.
b= Skis = 6kg each
c = Boots = 5kg per pair

a +2b +2c = excess baggage fee > cost of extra ski bag
ski holidays
slikedges, 32kg limit on any bag anywhere. It's the wimps in baggage handling that can't lift anything heavier. H&S and all that tosh.
snow report
Thanks to all for the advice. Sounds like due to fit, manoeuvrability and weight issues it's just easier for me to stick with the current situation of double ski bag and separate boot bags. And follow the thefatcontroller's suggestion, grow a pair and get the other half to carry the lot..... Sad
ski holidays
Spyderman, Very Happy
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
http://www.skiracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=267 - helps that Dynastar sponsor their son/grandson Smile

thanks for that recommendation - just received the 3 pair bag from them. good service (got it sent even though they were departing for the World Cup with their son the following morning) and much cheaper than the usual online suspects

looks like a really bomber piece of kit and a huge invitation for me to pack WAY too much gear!
ski holidays
Arno, that's good to hear. I was very close to buying one myself but managed to snag a cheap almost-new Dakine Fall-line Double bag from someone on here. Not tried packing all three pairs in there yet, but unless we're driving I doubt I'd be able to carry all three pairs at once and get em through check-in weigh-in easily anyway.
latest report
my next big trip is by train so i am assuming it's a case of "if you can shift it, you can bring it". i'll only be bringing 3 pairs if it looks like serious dumpage is on the way
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy