Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - shops for baby food, nappies etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Chamonix next week with our 10 month old & were wondering if anyone knows what the availability is like for jars of baby food etc?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you driving? Every French supermarket I've ever been in has a good selection of baby stuff - yards and yards of it. There's an enormous one in Sallanches, shortly before Chamonix.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam W, after much debate, we decided not to hire a car - so we'll be stuck with buses & trains I'm afraid.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The last population survey in France made an amazing discovery... they have babies too. I took a tiny baby to Chamonix once and everything you could possibly need is there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super U in Chamonix is a reasonable size, have not checked baby stuff but I am sure they will have it. Be aware they are f busy on Saturdays and closed Sunday afternoons, as are the large supermarkets in Sallangches.
There are some small convenience shops open on Sunday PM but likely to have a small range and be expensive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
actually, I think the Carrefour in Sallanches is closed all day Sundays. If you have no car you might find it convenient, if a little more expensive, to find a shop (a Sherpa, maybe) which will deliver. I think you're brave going with a 10 month old and no car!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am very worried for the children of the people who worry if they will be able to find baby food in a French Town.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks. We have non-skiing grandparents coming with us who are happy to potter around town all week so our son wont be on many, if any, buses.

SZK, it was just a quick question that I fired in & probably didn't phrase it very well. I'm not worrying about it, I'm just looking for a pointer or 2 on where to go when I get to resort so I don't waste time wondering around trying to find what I'm looking for.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bit of a thread hijack...sorry.

Going self catering to Cham next week.

Planned to stock up for food and drink on our drive from Geneva.

Is the supermarket in Sallanche directly off the motorway? Easy to find?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

It's very easy to find. Come off the motorway on the Sallanches exit (the first after the Cluses peage) and you'll see the commercial centre on the right. As the speed limit there is 30mph you won't be whizzing past it!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

It's very easy to find. Come off the motorway on the Sallanches exit (the first after the Cluses peage) and you'll see the commercial centre on the right. As the speed limit there is 30mph you won't be whizzing past it!

Cheers Pam.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy