Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milky Way - Claviere, Sauze D'oulx, Sansicario, Sestriere, Montgenvre

Poster: A snowHead
Curzonian, I have stayed twice and booked for next year......fantastic place IMO.

Skiddoo will pick up from town in evenings....no problem.

Dawn is the contact.....drop her an email.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice one, tvm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great conditions yesterday in Via Lattea after overnight snow. Skied from Sestriere to San Sacario, Claviere and Montgenerve. More snow as went west. Fabolous untouched powder fields all over Mongenerve under blue skies, a perfect day.

Much warmer air today and snow got heavy earlier. Still great cover everywhere. Very quiet bar junior ski racers preparing for an event in Sauze starting tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
can i selfishly bump this thread for this spring - anyone over there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
going on saturday Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
excellent - keep us updated?!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
will do
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in Sauze now, we had 5 -6 inches over night which was much needed as getting patchy in places, they are expecting a big dump thursday night and then snow for a few days.
We have had two and a half exelent days so far though and tommorow should be a good sunny day they say.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike SWest,

Excellent, we are stopping overnight in Chambery on Saturday then travelling through Val Frejus on Sunday Morning to Mont G.

Looking at snow forecast it will possibly snow overnight Saturday, so I am hoping drive into resort wont be a pain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had a great day in Sestriere yesterday, sunny alll day , great snow and very quiet. More now due today.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
excellent news!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In Claviere, has been snowing for over 24hrs now, approx 8in on the balcony which is quite sheltered. The whole week as been pretty good, fresh powder pretty much everywhere, a few of the blacks in Montgenevre have been closed but apart from that everything else has been open.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great news. I'll be out in Sauze with the guys from 25th Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had 50 cm yesterday. Been foggy this morning and sunny this afternoon. Been epic powder today. A great week to be here. Sun, fog, white outs and powder.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great, we drive tomorrow ( Sat 18th ) had an e-mail from the good folks at Ski Etoile who we have booked appt. through, they say its snowing heavily and make sure we have snow chains or tyres or socks.

We have all three Very Happy so hoping we can get up the mountain on Sunday Morning
ski holidays
More than likely snow socks max but it is snowing again now. You will have great conditions.
snow conditions
Snow stopped about 2 pm, sun came out and had great afternoon skiing on empty slopes with lots of fresh powder, with lots of face-plants Happy
snow report
Any update on conditions in Sauze D'oulx?
ski holidays
How is the offpiste in the area nowadays? Is the base good without to many "sharks"? Going somewhere 1.feb, not sure where to go....
latest report
Shameless bump - anyone out there...apparently supposed to dump this weekend...
ski holidays
It's been snowing pretty much all day today. At least from about 10:30 at the top of Sauze. The snow got a bit heavier as the day went on and appears to have stopped for the moment. A big change from the bluebird day we had yesterday.
ski holidays
More snow today, forecast is clear for tomorrow.
snow report
Truly superb day in Claviere yesterday gambling with the cloud and scoring big time

http://youtube.com/v/ag00qV3OLZU

More pics and story here
ski holidays
Just driven over to Oulx (from Serre Chevalier 40mins), the town 4km below Sauze, where my mate was getting train back to Paris and then Eurostar to Ashford, and by the time we left was snowing heavily whilst here in Serre hints of sunshine.

Also looked like Cesana / Oulx might have had more snow since I was over there on Friday.

Just goes to show the dramatic difference in conditions local topography can cause.
snow conditions
tvm
ski holidays
just got back from sauze last night. conditions are really very good now and it snowed all sat night and most of Sunday. low vis yesterday but skied in the trees in deep powder which was epic. webcams show it still snowing and the forecasts are excellent. enjoy.
ski holidays
awesome, ta!
latest report
*stoke levels are at 11*

Countdown to departure is T minus 10 days...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T minus 14 hours Very Happy
snow conditions
Snow Wed, perfect day yesterday, big dump today, hopefully a bit clearer this weekend but snow conditions are incredible
ski holidays
Can anyone tell me how accessible it is to ski from the below points and how long it should take approximately for advanced skier.

Cesana to Claviere?

Cesana to Montgenevre?

Cesana to Sestriere?

Thanks
snow report
1969jma, We set off from Sauze d'Oulx at 9:30 (when we got on the Sportinia Lift). We got to Montgenevre just after 1pm and that included a coffee stop. I think you can do any of your points in an hour at a gentle pace. Have a great time.
snow report
halfhand, does one ski pass cover all areas, just thinking Montgenevre in France. Any idea lift cost pass prices this season before I search the net.
snow conditions
Via Lattea ski pass will do all the Italian resorts (Sauze, Pragelato, Cesana, Sansicario, Claviere, Sestriere) and one day in Montgenevre. We bought our passes on line before we left and it cost 173 euros for 6 days. Not sure what the walk up price is. Where are you staying?
snow report
Hopefully Hotel Solaris, first week of Easter (5-12 April)
snow report
Cesana to Claviere? This involves three lifts up to the top of Colle Bercia above Claviere, then just a nice ski down and you're there (approx 40 min).

Cesana to Montgenevre? Similar to Claviere, the three lifts up to Colle Brecia, ski down to Claviere but keep left near the bottom to head to the next lift. This lift up and a ski down and you are at the edge of Monty. You can see Monty as you go up on this chair - nice views along the valley (approx 1hr).

Cesana to Sestriere? Gondola up to Sansicario, then two chairs (with a short ski in between) and a tranverse to the drag to reach the top of this hill. From here you can drop into Sestriere or Sauze (approx 45 min). Word of advice if heading to Sestriere, from the top of the drag, ski down to the half way station and then get the gondola down the rest of the way, otherwise you end up skiing a flattish winding track that snakes down the hill, takes ages and doesn't come out anywhere convenient (spoken with experience!!).
latest report
Took friends staying in Serre to Montgenevre today, and in their words "had a fantastic day, one of the best".

Quite busy at 09:00 at the Chalmettes but once up the hill was not too bad.

Dropped down into Italy and skied various sectors, then back to Montgenevre to let dogs out, and then drive to Claviere (Mi Chi) for lunch avec les chiens.

Then more skiing in the afternoon having left van near Tremplin.

Then watched the sun go down in old town Briancon with a drink near to the ramparts.

Lots of school kids / families around, but that's being picky, twas a great piste cruising day with pistes in great condition 90% of the time.
snow report
anybody got anything up to date info. looks good on websites but always better to hear from those just been or still there. I head out this sunday and can't wait.
snow report
I've been back just over a week and the conditions were fantastic.

I haven't posted on here because I forgot rolling eyes
snow conditions
Just getting ready to depart next Friday for a week with kids on "la trosieme vacance en famille"....our first to Monty. Needless to say kids are charged at the prospect of Pizza in Italy at half-time. Would any of the snowheads on this feed be kind enough to advise on the best mountain pizza-venues on Claviere side? Also, tips on suitable cruisy runs i can enjoy with my wife whilst kids are suffering in boot-camp? If i can nail this then i might just get some me-time...alone with the Kastle-Ones....so any helpful pointers on location of stashes to head for will be appreciated, just in case....THANK YOU SNOW HEADS!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy