Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alps d huez

Poster: A snowHead
hi snow Toofy Grin people just returned from a week in alps d huez (les bergers) had a great week although it didnt snow plenty to do (sarrenne closed )just thought i would let you no some costs we incurred .

snowboard to hire 1 week £107(not including boots)

ski and boot hire £70 best to pre book to save money we used twinners sports in the small commercial centre in les bergers pre booked on line .

1ltr beer on mountain £11

1tlr beer in les bergers £8.90

1ltr beer in alp d huez £9.0

omlette chips salad £8.90

vin chaude (hot wine gluvine )small cup £3.80

lift pass on mountain £203. lift pass booked with first choice befor going £174

bottle of fanta small £3

although looking expensive,this being first time skiing in france (previously skied italy ,austria bulgaria )this is by far the best resort we have been to for a cross section of skiers in the group from total newbies intermeadiates through to experts .the size of the mountain was awsome from gentle greens (confident boosters )to the tunnell (wow)
and every thing in between .
we did keep the costs down simply by going to the supermarket everymorning picking up rolls bit of cheese etc .
snow due this week some so anybody going out enjoy !!!!! .any body want more information please ask will try to answer if i can.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bradleyjoes, Any thoughts on Oz, and more specifics on tunnel,please.(never been, going 7 March)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tunnell scary mary well for a 40 something early intermeadiate (although i will have a go at most things )but when you first look over the edge you think how the hell do you get down that(never seen so many moguls ) ,grit your teeth watch other people (not the miserable git on this forum that was complaining about slower skiers doing the tunnell,t----er and give it a go i thought my legs were going to explode near the end hey but got the t shirt so well proud .

as for oz skied there a couple of times looked lovely lots of runs if you have snow it will be great really great resort seriously thinking can i afford another bash this year ,,,.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Speciffically booked because Sarenne sounded like something for bucket list, now tunnel sounds like great alternative if still closed. What are chances of it opening?

Bad luck last year in Zermatt with wind closing high slopes for days, hope this year better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lizski, was there last week .

The sarenne is a long easy run with only the top 1/2 mile a challenge if you are a intermediate, the thing is once you go your on it for the ride to the bottom.

Now the tunnel is a bit different, definetly one for the T-shirt, it changes depending on the snow conditions and how they fence the start. Have a look on you tube for some clips it gives you a good idea.

If the sarenne is closed like last week then hire a guide or a ESF class that wil take you down the sarenne but on a off piste route, the reason it closes often is due to the stones and rocks popping up on the piste ruining ski's on small sections so with a good guide you can just miss these sections. I think it's been open for me two times on four trips in january.

have fun Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizski,
Have skied a lot in Alpe d'Huez. Great resort for mixed abilities, just watch the runs down ot OZ early in the day though, they can be very icy and a bit off putting for the not so experienced. When it snows though these runs are brilliant and the Poutran lift back up to Alpe d'Huez is revery rarely busy. You can do some fantastic circuits in Alpe d'Huez without too much lift time or backtracking. You will enjoy it.I should be there from 26/01 to 01/02 so glad to hear it is going to snow, and don't worry, as some of the other posts have said, they are pretty good at opening lifts, although like everywhere high winds seem to be becoming more prevalent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks,skitow, Do you perhaps know if skischool in Oz is good or if icy slopes affect them, got 4 kids under 7 between 2 families and probably best to hire private instructor for them, can do from Oz? Will be staying Chalets des Neiges and not looking to go too far with kids.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, there is a great little beginners area in OZ with a conveyor belt lift thing as well as a small draglift but as I said the Poutran bubble up to Alpe d'Huez is not generally really busy, and they can come back on it as well. This gives you access to lots of greens & blues in the main Alpe d'Huez bowl. Don't know much about the ski schools in OZ but I can't see as there would be a problem. Just ring them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First time to France and really excited about greens for kids, will give them good confidence boost. thanks again.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lizski wrote:
Thanks,skitow, Do you perhaps know if skischool in Oz is good or if icy slopes affect them, got 4 kids under 7 between 2 families and probably best to hire private instructor for them, can do from Oz? Will be staying Chalets des Neiges and not looking to go too far with kids.

ESF are pretty good in Oz. We always chucked ours into ski school when they were younger and they always enjoyed the experience. These days we get them a private instructor for a few hours a week. ESF are fine. Stance (based in ADH but will cross to Oz) are excellent - aimed at the English market - but they are very expensive. VO Coaching have also been recommended to me. They are 2 women based in Vaujany but do lots of teaching in/from Oz.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Further to the above

http://www.esf-ozenoisans.com/reservation-uk.htm ESF

http://www.masterclass.f9.co.uk/ British (but based in ADH)

www.vo-coaching.com VO Coaching
Contact: Barbara: +33.6.60.27.60.32 or Monica: +33.6.70.90.50.50

http://www.stance-snow.com/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lizski wrote:

Hi Lizski

Stayed in Oz last Feb and will be there again in four weeks. We placed are daughter in the ESF ski school and were quite happy with them. Although there were not many English speaking instructors, luckly my daughter was with one but not all English kids were. Also stayed at Chalet des neige (and will be again). Its centrally located for either lift and the supermarket is just in front. It was one of the best places we have been too.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will have to find Englishspeaking instructor, English already kids second language. Maybe lucky to find Flemish or Dutch(kids speak Afrikaans) ....

Great to hear from someone who has been to chalet des neiges- anything need to know?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lizski wrote:
Will have to find Englishspeaking instructor, English already kids second language. Maybe lucky to find Flemish or Dutch(kids speak Afrikaans) ....

Great to hear from someone who has been to chalet des neiges- anything need to know?

Oz is v popular with the Dutch and Belgians (Flems incl) . English q. often the common tongue in ski school.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is nothing bad I can say about Chalet des neiges.
The reception staff are very helpful eg will order bread , book a table. etc.
Apartments comfy and clean. They inspect each apartment before departure, even looked into the microwave.

They dont provide teatowels though so take your own although there are dishwashers in each apartment.

Is there anything you want to know?
snow report
Re C d N - nice, well appointed apts but q compact. Good access to village although it`s necessary to trudge down q a few steps from the higher blocks. Not a problem unless they`re icy and/or you`re lugging children and their kit.
latest report
lizski, At Christmas 2006 I had lessons from an ESF instructor in Vaujany, Eric Ballier. He was teaching our group in English, but I seem to remember he was (half?) Belgian, and therefore might speak Flemish and I think he also said he could speak Dutch. It might be worth enquiring if he is still around - was a great guy, does sightseeing trips in a small plane from ADH in the afternoons after teaching ski-ing in the morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy