Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on ESF Childrens' Ski Levels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know the link between the ESF levels (1 star, 2 star etc.) and the levels used in the UK? My daughter (9) has just passed her Level 5 through private lessons in the UK and is close to her Level 6. Last year she got her 1 star from ESF, but looking at the description of the levels on their website, I am thinking of booking her into 3 star this year, does this sound right? (thinking it would be easier to get her moved down rather than up!).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have a look at the videos on the esf website as they show what level you would be at by the end of the lessons. Also where are you going as I have found different sites are sometimes easier or harder with their marking (which i am sure is not supposed to happen)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
onaplateau, as chrisb, says have a look at the ESF website videos ( i hope the link works )http://www.esf-alpedhuez.com/english/site/frame.php?id_menu=5&id_frame=6.

I know very little about the levels in the uk but french level 3 they will have to be able to do Parallel turns on red slopes and pass through gates but there will be no change in rythm.

Hope this helps Puzzled or i can dig the kids ESF pass book out if you need more info
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the 5th level uk is 3rd star for the eESF
if we talk in french "troisieme etoile"......... and crystal of silver for ESI or "cristal d'argent".......
but don't book collective class for her........group of more than 14 child........it's a pic nic.....not a ski lesson.......we are more concerned to get down in safety than teach to your daughter.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lungostyle wrote:

but don't book collective class for her........group of more than 14 child........it's a pic nic.....not a ski lesson.......we are more concerned to get down in safety than teach to your daughter.......

Thanks for the honesty lungostyle, this was what I thought when observing ESF classes recently and what happens if the last child of such a large group falls and is injured? The instructor is way ahead, probably even out of sight. Makes me shudder if I really think about it Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, lungostyle, I have always gone for private lessons for my kids, a a lesson over lunch works out the same as ski school but with a ratio of 1 : 2 rather than 1 : 14.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the responses....beginning to think a group lesson may not be the best thing for her! Last year she was in ESF 5x5 in the middle of the day - just limits options for going further afield with the start and finish times - are class sizes likely to be so big outside of the main French holidays? (we are going 7-14 Mar). Will also check out the costs of private lessons (but budget will be a factor).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the periode is not the busiest but after febbrary it is always busy in france......aniway the budget is a factor but you obtein more result having less lessons.....like not every day but one day and the following practice.....and after another lessons.......in this way you can train on the suggestion of the teacher.......but that does'nt work very well with scary people cause they need always the presence of someone who give them security.......sometimes just a voice......but an important voice for them.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lungostyle, Thanks - definitely booking private lessons for my 9 year old now, every other day will be fine for her.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy