Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mens Downhill, Wengen (warning, some results info)

Poster: A snowHead
Just starting now on Brit Eurosport.....bring it on snowHead snowHead snowHead

Cuche seems favourite, but don't write out Miller is how they're calling it.

Thought Bodie was unlucky in the Super Combined yesterday - just went out in the Slalom towards the end when he looked as though he might have just nicked it.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 17-01-09 12:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phew, exiting stuff so far!! Miller's just started....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a great run by Defago. I thought that most of the quick people had scrambled it a bit, but Didier was so smooth.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Defago's certainly seen off some of the top competitors so far.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another crazy American bouncing down on his ar$e and not seeming to care! Might be worth putting a spoiler alert on the thread title as I guess a lot of people will be catching up with this on BBC tomorrow and I think we have seen the winner.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
How on earth did TJ Lanning pull that one back.... Shocked Shame he missed that last gate after such a remarkable recovery earlier.

Around 30k spectators - a record evidently.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And they like cheering the crashed Americans!

Pretty well all over now.

What a tough race that is.

snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stevie Nymen Shocked Waving to the crowd as he crosses the line sans skis and on his @rse.... Laughing OK according the the comentators.

Bodie looking good for second Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Americans have done very well. Either a crazy time or a crazy wipeout! The Austrians must be wondering, especially with Kitzbuhel next week. Have I missed Walchoper, or is he not playing?

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
He certainly was skiing today - caught on his inside ski tail going through the Kernen Curve and only just held on. Lost a load of time though. Up to that point he was in contention.

The Austrians must be wondering what's happening at the moment.

Those last 4/5 turns after amost 2.5 miles must be murderous judging by the errors.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 17-01-09 13:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Too early to predict Defago, Miller, Sullivan....? Laughing Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur, said
Quote:

Those last 4/5 turns after amost 2.5 miles must be murderous judging by the errors.

A couple of people have slid sideways through those last turns. Reminds me of myself on a tricksy blue!

Fisher continues the American entertainment for the crowd!

snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cracking race, especially by Defago
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B wrote:

Absolutely - his first DH win too snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very cool for both Defago himself and for the Swiss. Some back markers could still ski into the bottom of the points table. Great racing today. Must rush out to get back for the ladies later.
snow report
Nice result for Lindsey Vonn in the Super Combined - after her back seat, @rse on the snow landing in the Super G and subsequent recovery, well deserved IMO.
snow conditions
I see Ed Drake managed a respectful 55th in the DH.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B wrote:

Agreed. Watched it on the (free) German Eurosport channel this morning. Smile
And it's nice for us MSB'ers to be able to casually say "Oh, I remember going out from the start hut at the top of the Lauberhorn!" Toofy Grin
snow report
Alastair Pink, I quite enjoyed pointing out to all and sundry around me that I was skiing much faster than the guys yesterday, given that I was clocked at 533kph+, compared to the measly 80-100kph clocked by the racers down the same pitch... wink Laughing

Enjoyed watching the race as ever. Always interesting to see how the course takes it out of the racers. Was anyone else thinking back to a couple of years ago when Mickel landed a top ten with a very impressive run down the course?

Agree fully with comments on Defago's run - about as faultless as you could expect for a run of such length.
snow conditions
skisimon, I watched that run of Mickels live from the VIP section by Wengeneralp, then afterwards I skied back down the slopes (with thousands of other skiers who probably only put on their skis for that one day in the season) and then watched Finlay being intervieved in the garden of the Hotel Alpenrose right below my balcony Smile
snow conditions
Bah! Eurosport strikes again. I messed up the videoing on Sunday, only to find that both the reprise programmes are of the DH which I'd already seen on Sunday. Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy