Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in Seattle with work at the end of January and have just tagged on two days skiing at the end of the trip in Whistler; I've never skied anywhere but Europe before so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm on my own, but that's my perfect excuse to have no distractions and try to get around as much of the slopes as I can.

Two days is obviously not very long, so I'm just looking for some tips here of where are the best areas to ski; is one particular side of the resort any better than the other? As I say I want to try and get around as much as I possibly can in the time, but if there are some "must-see" areas I'd hope to prioritise those, rather than take my current scatter-gun approach!

I'm an intermediate skier, very happy on blues and reds (and the occasional friendly black). Any recommendations of where to head to first would be very much appreciated. I'm staying in a ski-in/ski-out hotel (Marriott) in the upper village (Blackcomb), but I believe the lift system is really good so I'll be able to get access to either peak fairly easily.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dav, If skiing two days, ski Whistler one day, Blackcomb the other Smile Both mountains differ from each other but both are fun.
Peak to Creek on Whistler should get your thighs burning if you dont stop and theres some reasonable grub in Dustys at the bottom.
If you like waffles Crystal Hut onn Blackcomb serves the best Very Happy and if you like gladed runs 'In The Spirit' starting at the bottom of the Crystal Chair isnt too steep Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dav,

What day of the week are you going? - The Peak-to-Creek on Whistler generally gets groomed on a Tuesday night, meaning that it's in excellent condition on a Wednesday morning for that long thigh-burner.

If you have fine weather, then go to Blackcomb and ski down the Blackcomb glacier (Glacier chair, T-bar and hike. - The further you hike, the shallower the entry).

If you can avoid a weekend, then do so, because that's when the crowds arrive from Vancouver.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree withBones, have a day on each. 7th Heaven at the top of Blackcomb is a good place to get the legs going on the first day. If you get some fesh snow then the Harmony Express has some nice off piste areas that flow back down to the lift. Just enjoy your 2 days is the main thing. Merlins at the bottom of Blackcomb is a good stop for lunch and also Dustys at the bottom of Peak to Creek run at Creekside Whistler.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy