Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - wots yer opinion?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
thinking of going to Flaine in March,

my bloke still don't wanna go on a ski safari, likes to be within distance of home. can ride blues no problem, has a hangup about going on reds and blacks, but think he will get over going on reds soon nuff

is flaine for us?

thx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flaine would suit both of you. There are cruisy blues all the way down around the bowl and they are interspersed with some decent reds, particularly on the N facing side. Get the Grand Massiff pass and you have a whole new ski area to play with. For perfecting your art the short red STADE used for slalom competition is perfect, - wide and steep and served by one dedicated drag lift. Other good reds are Faust, Alamandine and Diablotin - all nice and easy and through the trees at ther bottom. He'll love it because he can see home wherever he is in the bowl.

If he likes blues - stay over on the Cristal, Serpentine with regular stops at tye knif and fork on the slope side half way down.

If you want a safari - its all out there in Grand Massif - down to Samens and Les Carroz. A real safari (with a fair bit of poling) try the 14km Cascade down to Sixt and back via Samoens - its blue all the way and one to tick off if you go.

I have gone en famille at Christmas for 4 years - something for everyone. We love concrete.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with everything that keshvane, said......

would also add that Morrillon is an excellent part of ski area for cruisy blues too.

whilst keshvane, might love the concrete of Flaine if you don't or would prefer french village ambiance then stay in Les Carroz (hint, hint)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

the 14km Cascade down to Sixt

If its open its a real gem. Great restaurant half way down, (Ring on the phone by the piste, they will get you) or some alternatives in Sixt, and blues back from Samoens back into Flaine. Its a whole day outing more or less though. If you make the first lift up its possible to see chamois on the slope (I'm told)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I too think that Flaine would suit you. A word of warning on Cascade; I did it with a few chums and we found it a bit flat in parts; if you are boarders, it might not be that much fun. Great views, though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think you'd love it, and echo what the others have said here. My family have a chalet in Verchaix just opposite Morillon so I'm out there fairly often. If your other half is doing the blues in the Flaine bowl there's some well-tracked off-piste between them for you to have a go at. Don't go off-piste up at the top though as the crevasses in the underlying rock are well-known.

Runs down to Samoens are good, as are the runs around Morillon, all lower down and through trees. I must admit to not knowing Les Carroz that well but the few times I've ventured that way I've thoroughly enjoyed it. marcellus, I'll have to get you to show us round!!!

In summary, a good ski area which isn't too busy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back as a group of 4 guys and loved it. Snow was excellent (shame about the high winds for 2 days), and would definately recomment the resort. More than enough bars and restaurants for a few nights entertianment, and in our opinion the convenience of stepping out of your accommodation in the morning and strapping on your ski's more than makes up for the look of the place (which is not too pretty).

Some cracking runs to be had, especially liked Faust. Only spent 1/2 a day over the other side around the villages due to the wind shutting down the Grand Vans but what I saw looked very good. Which I was still there with all that powder to play in.

Would definately recommend the P&V Apartments up in Foret.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy