Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help, priced out of a trip to Soll due to availability where to go instead!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was supposed to be going to Soll on the 21st of Feb but due to losing my wallet and Halifax taking 7 working days to send replacements the prices have risen more than £250pp!

So my question is this, where in Austria is similar to Soll? Heard a lot of good things about St Anton but I also heard that it's mogul heaven, I'm returning from a serious knee injury so moguls would not be my cup of tea.

Thanks,

Nate.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Nate,

Well your first option would be to try to get to Soll more cheaply....you mention prices have gone up by £250pp, but I assume that's for the same flights and the same accomodation and mode of transport. If you were going DIY, what about tour op deals and vice versa. How about flying to Munich (usually way cheaper than Salzburg) and getting a transfer minibus/car? What about staying in Ellmau, Scheffau or Hopfgarten instead. Or in St. Johann, where with a car you can get to the Ellmau base car park in 20 minutes and also ski many other resorts?

Going outside the Ski Welt, you ask "where in Austria is similar to Soll?". I'm guessing you mean - "large lift linked area, easy cruising, cheap, good apres" rather than "annoying short slopes, crap low snow, long walk to the lifts" wink

where to start...maybe look on the Ski Amade portal - http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter/ - there are any number of places- Schladming, the Gastein valley maybe. Would also recommend Saalbach-Hinterglemm to anyone, but maybe tough to match a Soll budget.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks mate, panic over, after an hour on the phone and 2 hours trawling the internet on company time I managed to get something booked in Soll.

My main reason for hitting Soll was the fact I've been there before and would like somewhere familiar to ease myself back into skiing after 3 years out due to an ACL rupture.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NateDoggUK, good luck with the knee. Mrs Kersh will be back on the slopes this year after 4 years off with ACL rupture and reconstructions.

Cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Kersh, best of luck to the Mrs, I'm sure everything will be ok.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy