Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saas fee, any up to date reports?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello you Snowheads - due to go to Saas Fee the 1st week in Feb from Stanstead (can hardly wait). Staying at the Ambassador, catered chalet hotel, they claim to have a pool and to be only a few minutes from the 3 main lifts. Have skied before in a more eastern European destination but first time in Switzerland. Anyone any experience of the Ambassador? What are the lifts like for queues in the morning? Are any of the mountain restaurants worth a try? What about the black linking the reds 11 and 11b as on the piste map it seems to go off down a rock face, how severe is it? Hope to drink lots of beer/wine so suggestions for good value evening haunts would be welcome.
Cheers
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
denis the menace, welcome to snowHead
Never been I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will be along to help soon!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
denis the menace, can't tell you anything about the Ambassador but can help on some of the other things. The main Alpin Express lift can get a little busy in peak times, but it's really not that bad. If you avoid 9.45 to 10.15 then the lift queues are minimal. Of the mountain restaurants, the Gletschergrotte has a good reputation (you need to ski along a short track into the trees to reach it), the Allalin revolving restaurant has stunning views which change as to eat (although the food is nothing special), while Morenia is self-sevice but has an amazing range of things to tempt you. Your black run is, I believe, the run down to Spielboden and there is no cliff to worry about. There is a short and not very steep track down from the bottom of the chair lift to the top of the run which takes you past the "cliff". Can't tell you much about the evening haunts (too old for that) but I suggest you try the Black Bull and the Ski Hutte for that apres ski drink, although there are several others to choose from.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is decent amount of snow forecast over the weekend Smile

I'll be in the same Hotel at the end of Jan.

Cant wait, looks good out there at the moment, loads of snow on the ground with more forecast.

snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy