Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun Private Ski Lessons & Apres Ski ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads

I'm off to Kaprun on Saturday (very excited as the webcams show it's snowing at the moment!!) and am hoping to get a couple of hours of private ski lessons. I'm an early intermediate (happy on blues, OK but wobbly on reds, scared of blacks) and just wondered if anyone could recommend (a) which ski-school and (b) which instructor to go with. I'm a bit concerned about where to go for the lessons - maiskogel, the glacier or zell...

Also, I know Kaprun is quieter for apres-ski (which suits me) but just wondered if anyone has any recommendations for bars.

Thanks all!

Linz Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LinzinAustria, Have only been in summer so can't really give you any specific advice other than the Baum Bar looked as if it would be pretty decent in winter as would the bar in the village square - but only because it sells Kaiser, the best beer in the alps/world Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LinzinAustria, We were there in the summer and the only instructor working at the time was Mecki - and I got his number - he is from the ski school which has an office on the glacier - from the ski pass desk at the bottom of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier. He speaks good English and my teenagers enjoyed their lesson with him and seemed to make progress. I had one lesson which was OK - but I'm not a good judge of instructors as many have problems dealing with a woman who's technique is better than her confidence Very Happy He has been an instructor for many years and in Kaprun for a while now. PM me if you can think of any more info that would help!

We were very central and the small bar in the square became the 'local' for the week - tho we did go bowling on two evenings which was good tho we were swamped by the Crystal group plus very noisy reps on one evening!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for your replies
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a cosy, quiet bar next to the ticket office at the base of the Kitzsteinhorn, or a more typical Austrian ski bar up the first cable car (loud music, standing room only, no need to bring your own cigarettes as they pipe the stuff into the air for free). Non residents can go to the bars of most of the hotels, eg. the Orgler which has a fire. Most of the skiing on the glacier is pretty easy and the same for Zell. I would avoid the long red that goes down to Schuttdorf, easily done as most people take the cable car back down anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the recommendations - and I'll try to avoid that red!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski, is the Baum Bar the one at the foot of Maiskogel that does nice pizzas?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy