Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Piece Ski Suit Required!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow SnowHeads!!

I am looking for a horrendous one-piece skisuit, and was wondering whether anyone has one that is sitting in the back of a cupboard that they'd want to get rid of?

I'm after a nice bright one, perhaps with faded flourescent colours, awful patterns (or something equally bad). I'm about 5' 11" (male), so I guess it'd have to be a medium or large. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.explorenewengland.com/travel/explorene/specials/ski/blog/IMG_0823.jpg

http://www.eternalsnow.com/images/68gape_jkM6.jpg

I'm happy to pay a bit if the right one comes up (and obviously for postage)...

Any offers?! Puzzled

Nick.

PS. Pictures would be great...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wns198, I don't have any for blokes (though if you know a girlie who's looking for one...) - try ebay, that's where most snowHeads buy theirs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great idea! Thanks for the advice.

Have you got a girlie one(s) then? I know there's a couple of girls coming who might be interested!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick,

When are you going?? Might be able to help you out.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wns198, Can I ask why you want them? Is it for a fancy dress party or something?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just like it! Razz

No...not really! It is fancy dress - there's about 12 of us going, so if you see a load of people in the airport in onesies, that'll be us!

...and obviously due to their practical nature, they would stop the snow going down our backs...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You gain some serious brownie points for that idea Very Happy

Those suits deserve a come back!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wns198, for you and all the EoSB'ers looking for fartbags, they have them in some branches of TKmaxx at the moment. Obviously they won't sell and so will end up in the clearance so should be quite cheap. I have seen them in the Manchester Trafford branch on the retail park on the opposite side of the moterway to Chill Factor e and also in the Blackburn branch. I will keep a look out and check the prices next time I am in.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wns198, I have several (can't believe I admitted that Embarassed ) - would be happy to sell 1 or 2, or even just rent them to you! Drop me a pm if you're interested, with an e-mail address so I can send photos. I'm away 24 Jan - 6 Feb - what's your time scale?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ha ha!! Thank you for all the responses!!

That's a great tip about TKMaxx - I'll let the rest of the group know.

Just to give an idea of timescale, frustratingly we're not off until March, so we've got bags of time...my mind just started drifting off to the slopes whilst I was bored at work! (Glad it did now!)

Maybe we should start a fartbag revolution??! Toofy Grin

(I might live to regret suggesting that...)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wns198, You're going to get incredibly hot and sweaty in the check in queue. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This any use - or perhaps not extreme enough?

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That is quality!! I notice it's got an integral hood... snowHead I particularly like the contrasting arms and chest panels.

I'lm definitely going to bear it in mind as a contender... Thank you!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wns198, fartbag revolution started right here on snowHead, my friend - have a look at the photos of the End of Season Bash at Val Thorens in April 2008. Race day was colourful, to say the least! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wns198, and don't forget when it comes to Fartbags vetski, wrote the book on sartorial elegance
snow conditions
I have been inspired, think I need to get me a hideous 80's onesie for my ski trip in Feb!
latest report
Hi fellow Fartbaggers!

How's the onesie revolution coming along? Thank you for all the responses! I'm going in a just three and a bit weeks now, and am so excited about the prospect of donning a bag!

If anyone else has any more suitably awful ones that they'd like to get rid of, there's a couple more of my group who are struggling to find a decent one.

As always, any help would be gratefully received! Laughing

Nick.
snow report
There was a lady wearing a brightly coloured Nevica fartbag at the CFe last week Laughing
latest report
Really?! I might try and track her down...using a satellite might work!

Interestingly I did notice a few onesies creeping into the underground during the snowy period!! Very odd!!
snow conditions
All French ski apparel shops - even the most smart - sell one piece suits. There's a fairly fantastic one in our local Sue Ryder at the moment - they are often to be found in charity shops.
ski holidays
pam w,
Quote:

All French ski apparel shops - even the most smart - sell one piece suits
Oh, how I love France. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
wns198, I need to mention that the fartbag shown (airpush) would be a great buy - because that particular make is incredibly comfy - mr rpft has a navy one (quite subtle really ) and I sneak it in the bag every year (big confession). When (not if) I am really hungover, I wear it because it is so comfy & easy to wear Embarassed .
snow conditions
Just bought this

possibly better for someone 6ft (I am 5f 10) - but otherwise makes me look like the God on Planks I am....
snow report
stoatsbrother, not a plank amongst Gods then? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
maggi, banged to rights Embarassed
latest report
Quote:

better for someone 6ft (I am 5f 10)

that's no problem, the Nora Batty look is all the rage; especially if the crutch drags a bit.
ski holidays
pam w, You really shouldn't publish stoatsbrother's physical shortcomings like that... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
wns198 wrote:
Hi fellow SnowHeads!!

I am looking for a horrendous one-piece skisuit, and was wondering whether anyone has one that is sitting in the back of a cupboard that they'd want to get rid of?

I'm after a nice bright one, perhaps with faded flourescent colours, awful patterns (or something equally bad). I'm about 5' 11" (male), so I guess it'd have to be a medium or large. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.explorenewengland.com/travel/explorene/specials/ski/blog/IMG_0823.jpg

http://www.eternalsnow.com/images/68gape_jkM6.jpg

I'm happy to pay a bit if the right one comes up (and obviously for postage)...

Any offers?! Puzzled

Nick.

PS. Pictures would be great...

Ebay is your friend search for one pice ski suit...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveHK - is your ski suit still available? What size is it and how much do you want for it?
latest report
You may want to provide some pictures to this site... wink

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/index.html
snow report
hazardtape wrote:
DaveHK - is your ski suit still available? What size is it and how much do you want for it?

Yes, sure is. It's 44" chest, about 33" leg I think. YOu can have it for the price of the postage - or if you are fairly close you can come and get it - I'm in the KT4 postal area
snow report
Haven't had time to read all of this but you mention girlies and I might have something suitable tucked way if I can find it - white all in one with green and purple stripe on chest and sleeve I think, and kind of elasticated naff cuffs - it came from C and A and would fit someone about 5 ft 4 size 10/12 ish.
snow report
FireballXL5, Look at the dates on the earlier posts in the thread.

I think you are about 8 months too late Smile
snow conditions
This is my ever first post here................. From the looks of things maybe no one else ever has been here either!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy