Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways ski carriage?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is this free if I pack two bags and both total sub 23kg, or is it one bag only?

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagsport/public/en_gb

From November 2008, a flat fee of £25 GBP will be applied to bags weighing more than 23kg (51lbs). This charge is to cover the additional handling that bags weighing over 23kg (51lbs) can attract.

from

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb

World Traveller and Euro Traveller – 1 Bag

cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am flying BA on Thursday and will just take my board bag filled less than 23kg.
I struggled with the wording of that page but my thought was 1 suitcase type bag less that 23kg, and one ski bag with just skis, and one boot bag.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jagerbull, I beleive you are right - that has been my experience with BA
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 23kg limit is for any single piece of hold luggage, you can actually take more than one piece of hold luggage.

On top of the hold luggage you can also take your skis in a separate ski bag plus a boot bag.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welshflyer, so how do you read this statement? "World Traveller and Euro Traveller – 1 Bag".?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jagerbull, that 1 bag is the free allowance for hold luggage, but if you look at the sporting equipment section you will see that skis are an additional allowance at no extra charge
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jagerbull,

Sorry, I was travelling Club Europe.

Yes only 1 if you're World or Euro Traveller.

So you can take 23 kg in your main hold luggage, plus ski bag, plus boot bag, plus hand luggage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski,

I'm travelling BA tomorrow and also got a bit confused by the 1 bag rule as I thought that sports equipment was free. rolling eyes

A quick call to their imformation desk soon cleared up the queary Very Happy

Ski's are free on top of your standard allowance, a bag under 23kg for europe if your economy/euro traveller

hope that helps wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ta Alan R, just realised I have enough airmiles that I'd forgotten about for a free LHR->GVA return flight
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski,
I flew out of T5 to Lyon (Euro Traveller) a couple of weeks ago, I knew my suitcase was well over weight (>23K). Check-in clerk told me that when they are presented with 3 bags which are not chargable (Skis, boots & suitcase) the computer system basically throws a tantrum and they don't take much notice of the weight (within reason I suspect).
Although the web site says differently, you are definitely now allowed two cabin bags. This is a bit vague, as one the bags must be less than defined dimensions, but the other can be, small bag, briefcase or laptop, etc). In practice, I'm pretty sure you could take two large bags in the cabin, as my second was a smaller backpack - no one batted an eyelid. My cabin baggage has never been weighed.
IMHO BA simply can't be beaten when it comes to sports baggage. You're more likely to get hassle from BAA staff when going through security.

Allan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy