Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best Ski Shop in Zell Am See??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks,

Myself and the Wife are hitting Zell in Feb and we badly need to update our boots (Mine, Lange, hers Salomon) and she's put enough pressure on me to ditch my macho side so we're also gonna buy helmets.

SO....anyone recommend a decent shop for that'll do a decent deal for two sets of boots and two helmets (that's almost 1K)....anyone????
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be careful with buying boots in Zell - they like to sell them big!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dazman, TBH unless it's on sale or near the end of the season I've always found the gear to be expensive compared to the UK, not sure about Ireland.

In terms of what I have bought out there, such as replacement gloves, hats etc.. I have always found Sport Achleitner on the Schmittenstrasse to have a good selection and service.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cracking sportshop in Kaprun - intersport over 3 levels - sorry cant remember name. Was there in summer of 07 and had some great bargains and the staff were excellent. From memory it looked better than any of the Zell am See shops.
Read a report last month in Fall Line that prices are on average 17% cheaper in UK than in alps. Might be worth your while taking a trip to Belfast or whatever to buy your stuff?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski, interesting that you say the Kaprun Intersport staff were helpful, as I was there ages and no one would serve me. The staff in Europsport in Zell were really good though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, it ws summer and they were probably a lot queiter than in winter but my wife picked up a good deal on a Peak Performance jacket and think we might have bought a couple of things for the kids but the girl serving us gave the kids lollies and lift pass holder things - probably did not cost over 50 cents but these little things can make an average shopping experience a good one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plenty of food of thought there folks, I'm gonna call into the Snow+Rock store that's opened here in Dublin and have a serious look at their range, the only concern I have with this is, buy the boots, they feel good, hit the mountain and they're not right???

Just heard that we arrive into Zell around lunchtime on the Saturday so we sort of have plenty of time to shop around.....descisions descisions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boabski wrote:
cracking sportshop in Kaprun - intersport over 3 levels

Intersport Brundl - been demolished and rebuilt to include an underground car park, cinema, cafe and intersport. I was there in november, good stuff, bit expensive.

Prices in Zell am See and Kaprun aren't very competitive during the season. At the end of the season there are some bargains to be had, but rarely in season.

Good luck snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dazman, I always buy my gear in UK as I've always found it cheaper, and you can take back if problem (the only exception being my custom made Strolz boots that I got done last year). I would think that any sports shop in Austria would look at you boots if you had a problem with them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought the prices in zell were expensive too, I bought a hat in the uk it was cheaper than the same hat in Zell! (only a hat I know, but still!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy