Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Base Grind \ Restructure in the UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there a ski service centre in the UK that you'd recommend to do a ski base grind (structure) ?

Plenty will push your skis across a belt, auto sharpen your edges, and slap on some wax but its a restructure that I may require soon.

I'm more than capable of hand tuning edges and waxing but a grind \ restructure is beyond that scope and can make or break your skis. Having also been on a Ski Tech course i've seen and heard what little work service shops sometimes try to get away with. Having played on a Wintersteiger machine, and supposidly able to use one, i'm now concerned what really goes on when I leave my skis.

If I have to spend money in the UK i'd rather have a good job done.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BMF_Skier, Lockwoods in Leamington have done a couple of base grinds for me and have done an excellent job on both occasions. The guy (who's name escapes me, the guy who is tall, 6ft+) took his time sorting out the bases and getting plenty of structure in them. A couple of times he popped out of the workshop and asked "Is that enough, or do you want me to go a little heavier?" so definiteley not a 'that'll do attitude'. Even did a couple of p-tex repairs FOC. A real good service and not expensive either
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier, Ski Bartlett & Lockwoods will do a grind only for you while u wait if you book in advance. Cost should be £8-£10.

If your bases are flat & the base edge angles are in reasonable nick then just structure them by hand with a riler or Kunzmann structure cutter.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info.
I'm looking ahead to having a base grind maybe at the end this season. The imperfections are building up. I do have the hand structure tool, but it gets no where near the quality ground finish. I'll probably give Lockwoods a call.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy