Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 year old skis - worth buying some new ones?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody - wondering if anyone can help me with some ski reccomendations:

My current skis (Volkl 724) are about 4 years old - I have really enjoyed them but am wondering if its worth buying some new ones (i.e whether the technology would have moved on noticeably) and if so I'm looking for some reccomendations on ski models/brands.

I'm a fairly experienced skier - go a couple of weeks a year on average and will have a go at pretty much all pistes. I'm at the stage where I'm trying to learn to ski powder (when I'm lucky enough to get some! Very Happy). I'm 1.75m tall and about 12st.

I'd like to get an all mountain ski - something which I can have fun with on the piste (turns and carves easily and is light) but that would be good in powder too if it dumps ...

I found the guys in the shops in the UK not so knowledgable / independent to be honest and just trying to flog me whatever they have in stock!

Any thoughts / reccomendations? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out of curiosity, which 724s? Pros? EXPs? AX4s? AX3s?

You are in for a treat. There is an enormous crop of 77-84mm waist skis out there that will almost certainly be just as fun and more versatile than your old ones, esp. if your 724s are one of the lighter, narrower models I didn't list above.

Don't blame the shop guys, it's very likely that you will like -something- they have to sell, probably -a lot of- what they have to sell.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hey comprex thanks for the reply

Didn't mean to sound too down on the shop guys - probably just busy of caught them on an off day, was kind of why I posted the question on here Very Happy

Anyway think my skis are 724 exs (the grey and red ones). Any reccomemdations on this years skis? The choice seems bewildering!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy