Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't get Ski Boots tight enough

Poster: A snowHead
I have just returned from a weeks skiing in Austria. During the week I switched my boots at the ski hire shop because I could not get the top bracket to fasten tight enough but the new boots were no different. I was told my calves must be very skinny. Has anyone experienced this problem? One of my mates suggested next time I get a pair of ladies boots if they are available in size 9 1/2.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sean Delaney, your best bet might be to buy your own and get them properly fitted by an expert fitter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sean Delaney, welcome to snowHeads. As PJSki, suggests Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aternatively you could try some leg exercises to build some muscle up in your legs. It would probably help your skiing too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would wearing calf/shin supports under my ski socks be a good idea?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sean Delaney, it would not be the best solution. Every time you hire boots it's going to be a bit of a lottery for you. If you can afford it, it's best to buy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most boot fastenings can be moved for serious size changes. If you look under the strap that has the "notched bit" on you will often see that it is held in place by 1 or 2 alan key bolts, and there may also be a couple of unused holes. Unbolt the plate and move it in the desired direction. If it doesn't have extra holes you can always add them yourself (obviously don't pierce to close to other holes or the end of the strap).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
your mates only suggested female boots so as they could then laugh at you for a week Very Happy

i too, think you should get ladies boots Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My girlfriend said she would not mind me wearing ladies boots, if she liked the colour!!!!!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
in garbure we trust wrote:
Most boot fastenings can be moved for serious size changes. If you look under the strap that has the "notched bit" on you will often see that it is held in place by 1 or 2 alan key bolts, and there may also be a couple of unused holes. Unbolt the plate and move it in the desired direction. If it doesn't have extra holes you can always add them yourself (obviously don't pierce to close to other holes or the end of the strap).

I have quite narrow feet and ankels but muckle big calfs so my boots top 2 buckels have both been moved (useing an alankey) to the widest of the 3 settings .....

Sean Delaney, ask in the hire shop for the fitter to do this for you (smaller not bigger obviously)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not sure that ladies boots would help. I understood that women's boots cater for larger calves, not smaller ones, because of the shape of female legs (apparently we carry the fat bit of our calves lower than men do!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sean Delaney, snowboarding socks have padding at the front of the shin - I'm in the same boat and they work for me. Also salomon boots have the tightest cuff so try them.

Long term you should buy boots when as a good boot fitter will be able to help you, and hiring will always be problematic...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, They would prob be too narrow in the feet also. As said... get some boots fitted. I found out that my old boots had been the major factor in why I didn't have good control over my skis... just too much movement of the foot in the boot and I couldn't flex forward into the cuff.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the advice folks, seems buying boots is the best option.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sean Delaney
user
Posts: 5 My girlfriend said she would not mind me wearing ladies boots, if she liked the colour!!!!!!!!

I think that there are some websites dedicated to this type of activity. Try www.chickswithskisticks.com
snow report
Just bought my own boots and it is the way to go. Spent 4 hours in Ellis Brigham, but it is well worth it. My girlfriend has tiny feet but bigger calves, so her boots are being custom made as we speak. Personally I wish i had done it sooner.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy