Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes Busy In Feb & March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I want to travel to L2A again this year but it seems to be so rammed for Feb and March. Gutted.

Is there a reason why these two months are the busiest? Is it just peak season?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nube247, School Holidays, France, UK etc..... Try w/c 7th March it should get quieter from then - I think!! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Avago, apart from a bunch of nutty women SHs on our way there that day Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOL. Thanks all.

I'll try checking later in the month. I stayed at Lupins last time and found it to be perfect for my needs. They are booked solid all month though, as are most places in L2A.

Thanks again, and have a great trip Butterfly! Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nube247, unless you have no choice you'd be far better avoiding the last three weeks in February and the first week in March. LDA will have loads of snow till the end of the season, given the high altitude terrain available. And yes, to answer your question, it is indeed peak season - French half term, which is spread over 4 weeks.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks pam_w. I appreciate all the help Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, Have a great trip and say hi to Easiski for me - I presume you are doing the course with her! snowHead Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avago, Indeed we are & I will! I will take the trusty iphone and report in from where the action is!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in L2A last March and it was horribly busy, partly because the lower slopes had no snow and so everyone was skiing high up. The second alp was empty but snow was awful.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowheadred wrote:
I was in L2A last March and it was horribly busy, partly because the lower slopes had no snow and so everyone was skiing high up. The second alp was empty but snow was awful.
Snap, we were there first week in March last year. As you say the upper slopes were in good condition and kept us busy. We did one run on the other alp, was enough to say we had done it !!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowheadred, Excuse me - are we talking about the same place??? Checkout last year's snow report photos! snow on the Pied Moutet is never so good because it's in the sun all day. Get the timing right and it's fine, but you need to know that. Pics of 2nd March looking down to village clearly showing snow on the village slopes (I was on Grande Pente at the time), 16th March on the Cretes and 21st March outside my house. Shocked rolling eyes The face runs are mostly not pisted, and so mostly not many people ski them anyway (thank goodness), but there are more than 50% french visitors here so we're bound to be busy when the french are on holiday.

nube247, Any time after 14th March should be OK, but make sure you contact the hotels etc. directly as the tourist office thingy often isn't accurate when it says they're full. Try the Serre Palas if you liked the Lutins (not Lupins) Laughing Laughing Alternatively lots of snowheads have apartments here. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nube247, I got this from Cathy at the lutins today (availability = empty rooms)

du samedi 28/02 au samedi 7/03 = 2 chambres de 3 presonnes
du samedi 7/03 au jeudi 12 /03 = 2 chambres de 2personnes + 1chambre single
du mardi 17 /03 au samedi 21 /03= 2 chambres de 2 personnes + 1 chambre single
et du samedi 21/03 au samedi 28/03 = 2 chambres de 4personnes+ 1 chambre de 3 personnes+ 1 chambre single.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy