Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage from the UK

Poster: A snowHead
BMF_Skier,
Quote:

I've used it on many trips over the past three years, it has saved hours

Me too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Argenterre,
'She' has the car at the mo so I can't check but I don't think mine has one of those anymore. It's a new screen fitted a couple of weeks ago so perhaps I should ask Autoglass!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elj221c, Don't worry - I had the same documentation. You will be billed via your credit card if you don't fill out that form. Also, be prepared to quickly pull your 'badge' off the windscreen and wave it outside the car if the barrier does not go up. One of my group just chucks it on his dash and leaves it there - works for him!

Your heat rate will increase the first time you use it - will the barrier rise or won't it..!! You don't actually need to stop - just slow down to a walking pace - you will hear a beep from the badge and the barrier WILL rise..!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

The other is, that although I have paid by credit card and assumed payment would be taken the same way, it seems according to my schoolboy French, that they require me to fill out a direct debit form. I will get a friend to translate the blurb but in the mean time, does anyone have answers to my concerns?

elj221c, I've got an APRR one & I didn't have to fill in a direct debit form when I got it last year. I just paid by UK credit card when I ordered it & all the tolls were automatically charged to that credit card. Might depend what you selected on the website when you first applied for it of course.
Also, took quite a while for the tolls to appear on a bill, so with the fluctuating exchange rate you might be guessing what the tolls have cost you for a while before you actually find out though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing wrote:
BMF_Skier,
Quote:

I've used it on many trips over the past three years, it has saved hours

Me too Very Happy
Boredsurfing Never thought anything else.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller wrote:
BMF_Skier,
Quote:
I also skip the Lyon peage by going another route so I've recently missed waving to the poor unfortunates queuing there.

Elaborate, please ?
Same route as pam w and Tatty takes you round the side of the Lyon peage.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BMF_Skier, A39 and then towards Geneva. Would you follow the A40 the whole way round Geneva or cut across over Cruseilles as the new bypass is open?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont wrote:
bar shaker, you should be OK to use your UK address, it was posted to mine without a problem.

You can use your UK address.
It is a no brainer. It costs a negligible amount (2 euros/month if used - otherwise not). You avoid queues and your passenger can enjoy an uninterrupted snooze.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
elj221c, I have the holder fitted to my car, but went down in the summer in a different car. Through experimentation I can report that the badge worked perfectly on the dash (blu-tacked to avoid slides), but not in the little box provided for some unknown purpose, like a glove compartment for single gloves in the console. No heated front window, though.
David
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DJ, the box probably blocks the signal, as that is it's purpose. We have a silver foil bag which does the same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen , no I wasn't clear. The box is part of the car. I think they had a little bit of real-estate left over on the console, so put a fancy door/flap on it and £100 on the price. I don't know what you would get in there, as it is so small, but the telepeage badge fitted nicely so I thought I would give it a try. Boys will be boys.

I got the foil bag too, but have never felt the need to use it.

David

ps, good to see that the patient is perking up
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DJ, ah, sorry. If you ever need transporting on the autoroute by a breakdown vehicle, you may wish to put the badge in the foil bag, as it will stop you being charged tolls.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi I have been on internet blackout for a couple of days thanks to my ISP, however thanks everyone for the information. I will order one of the 10 Euro ones at the weekend. This is a better deal that I managed to find elsewhere on the internet.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I will order one of the 10 Euro ones at the weekend. This is a better deal that I managed to find elsewhere on the internet.

Particularly as it costs the telepeage company about € 10.00 in postage to get it to you!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can get a "telepeage" style badge for skiing too - see

http://www.areches-beaufort.com/news/infos/dimages/DTL_contrat_08_09.pdf
snow report
Arrgh.

I am trying to sign up, and it is in French!!!! My French is rubbish - I got kicked out of GCSE.
Can someone with a better aptitude for such things tell me if this is a cost of 10 Euro badge or 10 Euro per year?

http://www.telepeage-pour-tous.fr/fr/particulier/souscrire
snow conditions
Frais de mise en service = the cost of getting going. But there's a monthly charge too. Cheaper if you don't get paper bills.
ski holidays
pam w, Thank you Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
ringingmaster, the monthly cost is only applied if you use a toll road in the month.
snow report
From Google Translate
latest report
Has anyone phoned SANEF recently? I'm trying to call them to update credit card details on the number from the website (00 33 9 708 08 709) but just get a recording saying they can't take my call. Am I doing something stupidly wrong or is there a problem at the moment? Thanks.
snow conditions
AW, If you are ringing them to simply re-new an expired card they automatically sent me a letter (about 10 days before) reminding me my card was about to expire and to send them a photocopy of the new card when it arrived.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, thanks for the info; maybe it'll be better to do that - hopefully I should get a letter any day now. That would beat negotiating their phone menu - last time I phoned there was so much loud background music it was harder than speaking to the French SANEF person. I love my télépéage thingy - it's so satisfying sailing past a few hundred other cars when things work out.
ski holidays
AW, Just checked, my card expired end of November and the letter they sent out was dated 17th November and I returned the form on 19th November.
Hope that helps. Very Happy
The phone number for questions was 0033 172365103
or Fax 0033 344637349 if you have any probs.
snow conditions
Well, mine turned up today, so I must have done something right on the web site. Thanks everyone.

Only 9 weeks before I can use it!!!
snow conditions
ringingmaster wrote:
Well, mine turned up today, so I must have done something right on the web site.
How long did yours take to arrive?
snow conditions
5 days, including the weekend!!!

And it had 9.5 euros postage on it.

The web site is a bit of a pain as it will only accept french format postal code (5 numbers I think) I had to blank that with 0's and then add the postal code to the last address line.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
....If you ever need transporting on the autoroute by a breakdown vehicle, you may wish to put the badge in the foil bag, as it will stop you being charged tolls.
Is this the antistatic bag in which the device arrives when new? Just ordered & received mine. Arrived in this but there is no separate foil bag.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
petem77, mine is a shiny foil one, I assume this is the antistatic one.
latest report
Can someone who has recently ordered, received and used an APRR telepeage 'badge' please confirm the current process through to successful use.

Did you simply & only do this:
1. Order online at https://www.telepeagepourtous.fr/fr/particulier/souscrire, paying with a UK credit card
2. Receive badge through post
3. Go to France & find that it worked fine

Or did you more - such as:
return to APRR what appears to be a confirmation slip shipped with the badge (and maybe is necessary for activation)?
Anything else?

I've just received mine and would rather avoid arriving in France to find that it doesn't work!

Is the Euro amount billed for autoroute use via telepeage badges more than the cash amount one would pay? If so by how much?
snow conditions
We bought ours a few years ago at one of the offices on the motorway - would not be without it and we are sure it saves time - 0k if there are big queues everywhere then you will have to generally wait but we generally try and avoid those times, and even when quiet it still saves time and so much easier than faffing about getting out credit cards and making sure that you haven't mislaid the ticket from one toll to the next. Also as mentioned above so much easier when one of us is driving on our own, and when we do bring a car that doesn't have the slot thing on the windscreen we just hold it up. We have used the little bags mentioned if flying to Geneva and picking up a hire car.
ski holidays
petem77, mine is a few years old but I did exactly as you did 1, 2 and 3. No confirmation needed to be sent back. Drive slowly to barrier, take deep breath (look behind to see how many irate drivers you are going to hold up if it does not work and you have to reverse Twisted Evil ), and the barrier WILL go up..! (hopefully!) Have I instilled any doubts..!? wink
latest report
petem77, Almost needless to say, wink the first barrier at Calais is the slowest to read your signal and takes an age to go up Toofy Grin
ski holidays
They always seem to be slow when I am the driver... otherwise we steam up to them and up they go. When you have to go through the barrier for higher vehicles that can be very slow realising that we are a car with a high load rather than the lorry that has just gone through. Know just what you mean about taking the deep breath and hoping all goes well - we have not had a problem, so far.
snow report
Pamski, having had the experience og my darling hubby losing the toll ticket between Beaune and Reims, I totally agree. petem77, toll paid is exactly the same.
snow conditions
petem77, got ours from APRR last year by filling in details on the French website, using a UK credit card with UK billing address & having the telepeage "thingy" shipped to same UK billing address. Then just drove off the ferry in Calais, drove to the 1st barrier & everything worked fine (your 1st scenario). It cost € 10 to order with the credit card on the website which doesn't seem bad as the postage to send it from France to UK cost APRR over € 9.
ski holidays
petem77,

1) yes
2) yes
3) I will let you know!!!

Have not filled in the direct debit form that came with it. I assume it will be charged to the credit card.
snow conditions
ringingmaster wrote:
...3) I will let you know!!!
Looks like I'm off before you - 14 to 21 Feb - so I'll let you know Very Happy
ski holidays
ringingmaster,

Same as you!

petem,

Same as you! I hope it works as I envisage lots of traffic on those days. Sad

My only concern is my new pare-brise athermique. It doesn't seem to have an area clear of element except for the a narrow triangular area each side of the screen, widest at the bottom. I suspect mounting the badge there may be too low.
snow report
elj221c, what about behind (or rather, in front of) the rear view mirror?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy