Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How many of you, when hiring skis, take out the shops theft/loss/breakage guarentee?

Going to sort my hire out my self this year and dont know whether to pay for a higher winter sports insurance premium to cover hire ski's or just take out the shops.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
o11y, From personal experience, when you are asked if you want the insurance, in the shop, check what is covered and if it looks pretty comprehensive and not stupid money, take it. My husband's hired poles were stolen outside the restaurant on the mountain, and it cost 20 euros to replace them Evil or Very Mad - not worth claiming on holiday insurance and a PITA - you WOULD need cover for the simpler things such as light-fingered g***, as well as the more dramatic possibles, so see if they are covered.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
o11y wrote:
How many of you, when hiring skis, take out the shops theft/loss/breakage guarentee?

Going to sort my hire out my self this year and dont know whether to pay for a higher winter sports insurance premium to cover hire ski's or just take out the shops.

You will find that most winter sports insurance policies cover loss/theft/damage of hire gear as a matter of course. IMO, it's only worth getting the shop's cover as well if the gear is likely to cost more to replace than the cover limit in your main insurance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
o11y wrote:

I don't, on the basis that they offer the insurance to make a profit so in the long run I'm better off not insuring (probably!).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for your replies. I cannot get access to any terms and conditions for the shops guarentee. So on that basis would rather pay a little extra on our holiday insurance to cover any loss or damage.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I insure with them, you break the skis (as I have managed too) you pay their excess of 50 quid or so and claim that alone from you insurance.

Otherwise, they bill you for full amount which you have to pay there and then (anywhere up to £400) and then in turn have to claim that back from your insurance.

If you are happy to pay that sort of money out and then argue the toss with an insurance company that will try and break your will to live then go for it. Personally a few quid extra for an easier life is worth it to me... Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
martski, I doubt that anyone would be happy to shell out, but the chances are that over the years you'll spend more on insurance than you'll save by not paying for lost, stolen or bust skis. But who knows? Getting insurance is a gamble, not getting insurance is a gamble, but with slightly better odds.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Precisely, all insurance is gambling, depends what your personal odds are....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suppose the thing to do is to insure against events which you think you are significantly more likely to undergo than most people (providing that the insurance co. doesn't know that), so that your odds are improved to the point where the insurance becomes a good bet. If you find that you break or lose lots of skis, the insurance is probably a good deal. If you don't, carry the risk yourself (assuming that the cost of new skis wouldn't be prohibitive for you).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy