Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

selva or passo tonale?

Poster: A snowHead
hey guys, looking to go on holiday end of feb and looking at the above to resorts and was wondering what the main differences between the two would be? going in a party of 4 two competant skiers and two beginners so would both be suitable fo this? also looking for somewhere uncrowded on the slopes, dont want the madness of the andoran/french slopes, so again which would be best for that or are they pretty similar? any info would be superb. thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Passo probably have less crowded slopes, but Selva will have access to far more terrain and a much wider variety for all levels.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiing at Passo is pretty limited, competent skiers will ski it out pretty quickly. We pretty much did it in day. Its OK if you have transport, Madonna di Campiglio/Folgarida etc aren't far for days out. If you haven't got a car I'd second papasmurf and head for Selva
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
what is selva like for beginners? is the ski school ok?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_the_rave wrote:
what is selva like for beginners? is the ski school ok?

Superb and superb. http://www.ski-factory.it/eng/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
would snow coverage be a problem in selva first week in march?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nope. Been there 10+ times, only ever had probs two years ago on the 2nd week in Dec.

Passo Tonale is tiny and very remote.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we did the sella 1st week of april last year and it had plenty of coverage still, if a bit mushy by afternoon..but by that time its sun terrace and drinks time anyway
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Passo has 100kms of piste, thats not tiny is it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dave_the_rave wrote:
Passo has 100kms of piste, thats not tiny is it?

That's two days skiing if you crack the miles out. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
as long as thast all you crack out... Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i do like the sound of selva but its coming out quite a bit more expensive than passo tonale, can do passo for £400-£450 each and selva im looking at around £700 plus the selva lift etc is way exspensive which is a bit gutting
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dave_the_rave wrote:
i do like the sound of selva but its coming out quite a bit more expensive than passo tonale, can do passo for £400-£450 each and selva im looking at around £700 plus the selva lift etc is way exspensive which is a bit gutting

£700!!! Shocked

We take a whole chalet which works out at way less than £400pp HB +ski passes.

Selva can be a little dearer, but worth it in my opinion.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ive looked on crystal, thomson, first choice and neilson and the ski lift pass and intermmidiate lessons come out at around £350 and the ski school for beginners comes out at £297, the cheapest hotel i can find is for 7th march at £550 which has £200 off already at first choice all the other tour operators are charging £600-£700 for chalets and hotels at the end of feb early march Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mollerski, lies damn lies and then there's resort marketing.
snow conditions
well all this talk of tonale, just booked for next weekend,,so will be able compare the two better..
latest report
looks like im gonna have to go for tonale too, selva just seems to keep getting more expensive, didnt realise i would be paying whistler prices lol. selva does look great though, the ski area looks awesome and then when i look at passo's it does look a bit puny just hope its not too bad
latest report
Passo Tonale is good for skiing but the Village itself is small and remote, the only place I've been that was smaller was Fernie's Mountian Village (the ski in-out bit) which was tiny!

papasmurf, be sure to check out the Ponte Di Legno area and if your feeling brave the black down to Temu, I did with someone I met there last year it was great fun! snowHead
snow conditions
having done, claviere, champoluc and campatilo in recent years, I'm nto to bothered about small italian villages...but nice to break out of the ones beginning with C..

will check the area out, also want to get to Madonna and also put some park time, and i hear its good area to learn your off piste skills in relatively easy terrain.
snow conditions
I've not been to Selva but I did go to Passo Tonale in 2006. Yes, the village is rather small and the main road runs right through it. However, there are plenty of good points; the skiing areas are never more than a few minutes walk from the majority of the accommodation; it's high and has good snow; the skiing areas are great for beginners and intermediates, I think only very advanced skiers would find it limited; it's great value for money. I found the ski area perfect for my needs, in six days I skied the whole resort at least twice (even the black runs weren't too scary) and had a day trip to Madonna Di Campiglio, included on the lift pass and accessible by bus from PT. There après ski scene is small since it's a small resort but what's there is enjoyable and good value. There aren't many shops either, but depends what you want from a ski resort. I enjoyed my week there very much...
snow conditions
papasmurf, have a good time! I didn't go to Maddona but a couple in my hotel did and thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm off to Kitzbuhel on Saturday, I'm looking forward to seeing how I handle the terrain there compared to last time when I was just a second week skier! snowHead
ski holidays
oo that measn you'll be there for the super G next friday...jealous! I've only mountian biked there never skied..it was on the list, but flights from Bristol limited...Maybe for my march hols if the snow still there.
ski holidays
oo that measn you'll be there for the super G next friday...jealous! I've only mountian biked there never skied..it was on the list, but flights from Bristol limited...Maybe for my march hols if the snow still there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy