Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Norma..... Anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's it like there? Looking to go in mid March and would be grateful for any info. Thanks in advance. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went on a uni trip there many (12) years ago, its quite a tall mountain but not that many ways down. The resort base in tiny (or was) with only 1 bar and 2 restaurants back then. We had good snow thou...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimSearle, Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avago,
ypuspurs1 has put a review on site in case you are still after info.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mitchell, Thanks, since my post my Mum and step Dad ventured to La Norma and they loved it. Friends of our also went last Easter and sais it ticked all of their boxes. We are hoping to go there in March Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was there over New Year and going back for 2 weeks at Easter, will post some info lunchtime if I get the chance Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've skied there as one day of an Haute Maurienne holiday three times. I would imagine the skiing would be a bit limited for a week but we were only skiing the off piste and that was very good.
You can go by train to Modane or via Turin Airport and transfer through the Valfrejus tunnel (it is just above Modane via a winding road with a number of modern sculptures along the top part).
If you wanted some variation you could make an excursion to Valfrjus ski resort which is a similar size and also above Modane but on a different access road. Or a visit to Val Cenis is possible but further (about half an hour up the main Valley).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great family resort and superb value for money. They really make an effort for families. Ski area is not bad with decent vertical although fairly small. Good ski record as all north facing slopes and decent altitude. It is very compact so pretty much all the accommodation is around the slopes and nothing is more than a few minutes walk. Recommend staying at Les Balcons d'Anais. http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/la-norma.htm. You won't see too many other Brits there which some people like when they are abroad. A few more Dutch though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you do find things a little limited in La Norma you could get the nearby gondola from Orelle up to Val Thorens and the entire 3V network
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did a week over New Year and had an awesome time. It's a really easy resort to get to (motorway for all but the last 10 minutes).

The mountain is small (70km of runs IIRC), mostly reds and blues (there's 2 blacks and a really long narrow green). There's a snowpark but unfortunately it wasn't open over NY. The busiest apres is Babbalous which has discos and DJs, a pool table, table football and more. There are some great places for food and reasonably priced (for a French ski resort), the pizzeria does a *wicked* garlic snail pizza but it takes a while to arrive Wink

If you're taking kids it is awesome, they organise a kids disco with 'Timo' the resort mascot and they have stuff like quad bikes, sumo (with the padded suits) and loads of other stuff. One night a week the slope down to the back of Babbalous is floodlit for night skiing\boarding.

Our youngest girl (just turned 4) did the Ourson course and whilst the instructors English wasn't great, it was more than enough to communicate with her (and a million times better than my wee wee poor french)

Good lift system, the longest we had to wait over NY was 10 minutes for the main bubble up and that was just after lesson drop off time.

We got a wicked deal on lift passes. As we were doing 3 weeks we bought season passes which were half price before 18/12/09 and cost E160 per adult and about E100 for the eldest girl (free for the 4yo).

Any questions just ask Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TotallyBoard, Did your daughter go out on the piste in her Ourson group? Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Started on the nursery slope (not the enclosed garden) and did the last 2 days coming down the hill on the long green run.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy